Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Unable to access BT email and ID

Go to solution

I am hoping to resolve an issue for someone elderly who has asked me to help with BT email and account problems. They are unable to login to their email via Thunderbird or webmail with the message coming up about invalid password or account details not recognised.

I can provide their account details if required so hope that something can be done as they have only recently moved and need their email access for correspondence etc.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to access BT email and ID

Go to solution

Any chance of some response to this as judging by the forums, there seems to be (another) major problem with BT email and accounts?

Hope that someone can get in touch ASAP

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @chrisarkle,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to contact us on their behalf. I'm sorry that they can't access their emails.

As long as you have the account holders permission I'll be able to take a look into it for you. They'll need to have either an active BT Broadband account or an active BT Premium Mail account. When you were speaking with them, did they tell you if they access the emails frequently? If they haven't accessed it in over 90 days then the email may have been deleted.

Let me know

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Daniel

Thanks for getting back to me. I look after the IT support for these people so they have given permission for me to sort things out. They have had the BT email address for many years along with BT Broadband which was recently set up at their new home (after we managed to get a phone socket installed). The email is used on a regular basis so is needed by them to keep in touch, especially as they are still in the process of changing things over to the new address. I can provide their details so you can look in to it for me. I have previously been helped when they had issues with a BT account which did not work correctly for these people

Look forward to hearing back from you

Chris Arkle, Arkle IT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @chrisarkle.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

We'll then get in touch with you over the next couple of working days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@chrisarkle I called there but missed you, we've checked the email and BT ID details and they are both active and I can't see any issues with them. 

Can you follow the forgotten password reset process to gain access again? This will change the password for both the BT ID and email address as they are aligned.  Post back and let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil

Got the password reset via your link and all is now working again after mailbox moved.

Thanks for your help and hopefully there will be no more issues now

Chris

0 Ratings