Did you mean: 
Highlighted
arellis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Unable to access Btyahoo email account after changing password

Go to solution

Please help,

3 years ago we ended our internet/phone contract with BT. When we closed our BT account I was advised to keep this account active I had to use the email account within 30 days or it would be closed. Since 2013 I have been logging in, sending and receiving emails virtually daily without any issues.

Following on from the recent press release of the Yahoo hack I received two emails from BT advising that I change my email. The second email warns that if I did not change my password withing 5 days the account would be suspended.

I followed the advice on the email and went to bt.com/passwordreset. Because this migrated to btyahoo I clicked on BTYahoo Users. I followed the onscreen instructions by entering the address, current password and new password. The next screen advised that my password had been updated and to log in after 2 minutes.

I attempted to login using my new password via mail.yahoo and my mobile phone app but the new password would not work.

Cutting a long story short, the Btyahoo mail 'support' (BT India) was next to useless saying that my account is no longer active and refusing to understand that up until I changed my password on BT's email 'advice',I had been using it for the past 3 years with no issues (2 exasperating hours I will never get back). I still can change my password on this account going by the same route as above but when it comes to logging in, the password is not recognised. 

Surely the very fact that I can change the password and that the mail.yahoo login pages acknowledges the email address (but not the password) shows that this is still active? Also by receiving the email from BT advising a password change is an acknowledgement itself?! At the moment it feels like I'm damned if I hadn't followed the advise of the email, but also damned because I did!

Please help, there are some very important emails on there I cannot replace and I am at breaking point trying to get the support line to understand the problem. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
arellis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Re: BTYahoo Unable to access Webmail

Go to solution

Unable to access my email by webmail and also by mail app on my phone. 

Was able to access it all before i changed my password. Having changed my password on "advice" (pain of account suspension) by BT I can no longer access my email account anymore.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

Re: Unable to access Btyahoo email account after changing password

Go to solution

Can you log in using any of the following links

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Try using both your new password and your old password if the new one does not work.

0 Ratings
arellis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

No Joy 😞

Interestingly Yahoo login acknowledges that the email address is valid (it doesn't allow you to enter password if not) but doesn't like any of the passwords!

BT login page doesn't work either for any of the passwords.

I just find it odd (and frustrating)that it worked before I changed the password.

0 Ratings
arellis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

My issue is somewhat more complex in that I cannot access my account full stop rather than being able to access with one but not the other.

Sorry to be a thread hog but can we not confuse the different issues.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

There is noting any of the forum members will be able to do to help you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @arellis,

We'll help you with this. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. As GG says it'll take approximately 5 working days before we can get back in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
hairyman
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Hello DanielS,

I too am having the same problem after having changed my email password, now I cannot access emails although it will let me change the password again...

Would appreciate any help you can offer,

thanks,

hairyman

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @hairyman have you tried the links suggested?

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

If so and you can't login then send us your details and we will be happy to help. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.  As said earlier on the thread we are very busy and we will be in touch in approx a week. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Andreas2
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Hi,

I am suffering from the same problem. I recieved an email from BT telling me to change my password and after changing my password on the BT website I am no longer able to access my account. I spent hours on the phone with support and they are saying they cannot help me. I no longer have a BT service but I still use the provided btinternet email. I cannot find the link to "contact the mods" when clicking on your name. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Ratings