Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Unable to access Email after password change

Go to solution

I have used BT Yahoo email for many years without problem. On 5th October 2016 I changed my password and since then I have been unable to access my email. I go to Signin1.bt.com as usual and enter my email name and password. Instead of going into my email I am sent to bt.edit.client.yahoo.com. This page says, 'thankyou for changing services' and asks me to cancel/continue. At the top right of the screen it gives two options  Mail/BTYahoo both of which take me to the same place i.e Home.bt.com. If I select email then I loop back to the original login panel i.e the one I get by going to signin1.bt.com  So I just loop around. There are no complaints about user names or password, I just cannot get to my mail. I have tried both 'cancel' and 'continue' to the options above but the end result is the same. I went onto chat with a support person who tried to help but offered to phone me and transfer the call to a support area that dealts with email problems. Unfortunately the number just rang and rang so I did not talk to anybody. I have found a number of similar posts but none that are exactly the same so rather than confuse one of the existing ones I thought I would start another. To be clear, I use BT Yahoo NOT BTmail. If nobody has any quickfixes perhaps a moderator would be kind enough to add my problem to their long list. 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Unable to access Email after password change

Go to solution

Some additional info. The BT account is owned by my partner so my email address is a secondary. I just asked my partner to logon to her email account and she gets exactly the same symtoms as I reported above. I guess that whatever the problem is it is associated with the BT account rather than the individual email IDs?  It does mean that we now have no email access at all so if this could be directed to a moderator I would be very grateful. 

0 Ratings
Gretablue
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

I'm in a similar situation.  Changed my passwords after a message from BT suggesting my email account might have been compromised.  Now I can get into My BT with my new password - but then when I click to go to email, a message says that there are no email addresses associated with my account!  It's as if My BT and my email account are no longer seeing each other.

The plot thickens however - my account still works fine via Outlook.  Very odd.

0 Ratings
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

More Information.

When I loggin using the BTid and go to the 'Manage Email addresses' section I can see both email addresses i.e mine and my partners. Today I setup a new email address which I can login to without problem. I then changed the password on the new email address and that went through OK and I could log back in again.

However, none of this helps me as neither my partner nor I can access the email accounts that we normally use and which have all our contacts lists and email history.

Come on moderators, I know you are very busy but at least indicate you have seen my post and that it has been added to your queue!  This is so frustrating!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Have you tried changing your password again via the forgotten password link on the login screen?

Did you change your BTID password after you had changed your email password? If not try that, I don't believe they are synced for BTYahoo customers.

0 Ratings
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Yes I have changed my email password several times in the way you suggested but it has not helped.

No I have not changed the BTid password. I will give it a try if you feel it might help but the passwords for the email accounts and the BTid have always been different (for years) and it has worked OK. I guess I am also a bit nervous in that changing the email password has lost me email access and if the BTid password reset goes the same way I may have no access at all!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

When the migration first started, I reluctantly changed my BTID to my primary email address and used the same password for both in readiness. After the migration stalled, I kept the 2 in step anyway. I don't know whether it will help in your case, but it might. If your BTID is NOT your primary email address and is just a text string, I doubt it will help.

0 Ratings
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

The BTid is not the same as the primary email name. However, I updated the password on the BTid and this worked fine. I then updated the password on my email and on my partners email to make them the same as the BTid password. It made no difference. We still cannot get into email. The failure symptoms are the same. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

While this should not be the case, some people on BTYahoo have found that when they go to MyBT > MyExtras > Manage BTMail they can manage their email account from there. It may allow you to a) access your email and b) change the password. 

It may be worth checking if you have that option.

You could also use this link to see if it helps. It should give access to manage BTYahoo email accounts. You may need to log on a couple of times.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.done=https%3A%2F%2Fbt.edit.client.yahoo.com%2Faccounts...

0 Ratings
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

The first suggestion does not work for me. If I click MyBT it comes back with BTID login screen. If I login to my BTID then I can certainly get to 'Manage BT Mail' but I cannot access Email from there.

The URL you suggested takes me to a screen that is part of the 'loop' I mentioned in my first post. If I login to it I get a panel that mentions 'service changes' and has a clickable area marked Email but this just takes me back to the signin1.BT page.

Would it be possible for me to give my email details to a moderator so that they can see first hand what I am seeing?

0 Ratings