Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Unable to access Email after password change

Go to solution

So, how do I get this problem addressed to the 'experts' or 'moderators' or whatever the correct phrase is? I have now been without email for a week and it would be very nice to know whether the problem has been placed into a queue and how long its likely to take for somebody 'in authority' to get back to me? Giving my email details to a BT technical expert and letting them login (or try to) and then taking the necessary diagnostics seemed like a reasonable suggestion/request. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

You won't be in a queue for mod attention until you have been invited to submit your details. Hopefully a mod will pick this up and issue you an invitation.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @TerryHayter and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the email password. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for that David. I did as suggested but when I hit 'submit' I got 'webpage could not be displayed'. So I typed it all in again and got exactly the same thing. So you either have the same thing twice........or nothing!  Let me know if you need me to resubmit.  I understand you are busy. I was just looking for somebody to say they would look at it. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @TerryHayter,

I've had a look at our email queue and unfortunately that hasn't come through. Could you try submitting the form again?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

OK Paddy, I sent again and this time I got a reference number. Thanks.

0 Ratings
TerryHayter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

I had a phone call from BT Digital Care this morning asking me to check both email addresses. Today they both worked fine. Exactly what had been done to fix them I do not know, I am just grateful to have them back.  Thank you.

I did learn one very useful lesson i.e to backup my contacts list.

For those that were not aware.... if you go into Contacts you can select Actions and under Actions you will see 'Export'. If you hit 'Export' you will get an option to copy your contacts list. This will create a .csv file that you can keep on your hard drive/memory stick. If you look at the file with Excel it is completely readable. There is also an 'Import' option so you can load back in if you need to.

First thing I did after getting my email back was to backup the Contacts list!