cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Unable to access another email account in BT Web Mail (since the change this morning)

With the new BT Web Mail, ny GMail account has disappeared and if I try to add it, I just get an error message! -

"{ "id" : "", "error" : { "code" : 2600200, "message" : "Webtop error", "data" : { "code" : "INTERNAL_ERROR", "message" : { "parameters" : { }, "key" : "sdk.common.error.internalError" } } }, "jsonrpc" : "2.0" }"

What has gone wrong??

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to access another email account in BT Web Mail (since the change this morning)

I have exactly the same problem and get the same error message! Can someone point me in the right direction please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: Unable to access another email account in BT Web Mail (since the change this morning)

This is yet another of the known issues with BTMail when you try to add a gmail account. BT are aware and are supposedly working on a fix to be rolled out sometime in the future.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I'm so glad BT aren't breaking into a sweat to fix this! I do so enjoy having to use 2 email apps/sites to access my email!

AWFUL BT|!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

You don't have to. You can either collect your BT mail from the Gmail website or better still use a mail client/app to collect them both.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

You are correct. However, back in June Gmail did not support BT mail and while it could receive emails, it couldn't send (or reply to) them. This was true for most email clients following the demise of support for Yahoo! mail. Most if the apps have now been updated and I use Spark in my tablet and mobile. Currently, I use Gmail on my PCs but would prefer to use BT web mail.

My comments about BT stand. While it is a better situation now, BT have not fixed the issue which was critical back in June.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

ALL independent mail clients ' support' BT mail and always have done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Incorrect. With the known exception of Spark, all email clients were unable to send BT Emails (xxxx@btinternet.com) for a short period in June. This was due to the changes that coincided with the withdrawal of support for Yahoo Mail. 

However, this issue was for new users of these apps only. Existing users were ok. So, if you stopped using Yahoo and tried to use say, Gmail, it did not work correctly. Gmail was then updated and all worked again. 

BT support confirmed this to me at the time. It was an issue with SSL security when sending via BT mail servers.

If you did not change your email app during this short period, you would not be impacted...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

You appear to be confusing email clients and webmail.

All email clients, that were using the correct BT server settings and NOT the Yahoo server settings, could access BT email accounts on both the Yahoo servers and the BT servers.

See link for BT settings.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

Using the Yahoo settings have never been the correct settings for a long time. Likewise the Yahoo email app has never been a BTYahoo app, it just so happened that it could be used until such times as the email account was migrated or until you either deleted the email account or the app and tried to set it up again.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-yahoo-update-settings

If you were using the Yahoo server settings you would have problems after your account was migrated because the Yahoo settings can not access the BT servers.

If you were using webmail ie gmail, you may have had problems until gmail updated their settings to the correct ones which they should have been using in the first place.