Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Unable to access email account

Go to solution

I have always accessed my btinternet.com emails via the webpage www.bt.com and then clicked on 'email' in the top right hand corner. But now every time I try this I just get stuck in a loop and end up back at the bt.com homepage. 

Anyone know what the problem is? I tried contacting BT webchat but they haven't resolved the problem    

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to access email account

Go to solution
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

That link gave me the sign in screen. But when I filled in my email address and password I just ended up back at bt.com (although it actually displayed as https://www.bt.com/?generic if that gives any clues?)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Have you tried clearing your browser cookies and cache or a different browser?

Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I had exactly the same thing this morning (dumped back at the BT login page) and have had a variant of that in recent days where the login just cycled endlessly. It might have been linked to a Microsoft update which now tries to force me to login for OneDrive access. I've just agreed to the OneDrive login and now the usual BT email login places work again. Seems odd that the two should be linked but that is my experience.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks. I did clear cookies and cache and restart computer and managed to get into my email account this afternoon. Problem appeared to be solved?

However. I tried to sign in to my email account this evening and find that once again I get stuck in a loop which constantly returns me to the BT.com home page.  I have managed to get in again by clearing cookies. But this is going to be a real pain if I have to do this every time I want to check my emails.  Anyone got any suggestions?   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Make sure you are clearing the cookies from all time not just recent ones.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Yes I cleared cookies from all time. It's bizarre. Everything working fine at the moment. I'll see what happens when I try to access emails in the morning?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
I hope I'm not speaking too soon? But clearing the cookies seems to have fixed the problem for now. I haven't had any further problems accessing emails today
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks to everyone who offered advice 

0 Ratings