cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Unable to access my btinternet emails on Windows Mail and Outlook

I stopped receiving emails on my laptop and tablet yesterday. I logged on to the BT webmail and I got a message saying my account may have been compromised. This was even though the anti-virus software is up-to-date and detected no viruses or malware.

I changed the password and security question as advised when logging in to the BT email website.

But i cannot access my email through either Windows Mail or Outlook despite updating the passwords and following the process as advised by BT. I deleted the accounts on my laptop and tablet as advised but I cannot reinstate them.

I rang up BT and they were unable to help but said something vague about it might take two weeks. Seemed like a fob off.

Anyone got any insights or advice?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to access my btinternet emails on Windows Mail and Outlook

You should set up the accounts again using these settings.

The incoming and out going server is mail.btinternet.com

Incoming Port 995 for POP or 993 for IMAP SSL security for both

Out Going Port 465 SSL security

Remember and tick that your server requires authentication and if a POP account tick the box "leave on server" or your emails will be deleted from the server after you have downloaded them onto your computer. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917

0 Ratings
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi gg,

Thanks for your quick reply but I had already tried that.

I tried it again but to no avail.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

What is the Outlook error message when you try to send/receive?

0 Ratings
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

The message is it cannot connect to the server.

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for xxxxxxx@btinternet.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

0 Ratings
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Further to my story above.

I contact BT through the Chat facility.

My experience of this was extremely poor.

Despite me telling them that I lost access to my emails on four different devices - three Windows based and one android - they insisted it was a problem with my computer and that I should contact Microsoft or buy their technical help service.

Very poor show BT.

My problem still remains. I can only access my emails on webmail and it is not very good on my phone, particularly when i need to reply to emails.

I am guessing it is a fault on the BT Yahoo servers but I seem unable to get anyone in BT to actually investigate this.

Any advice?

0 Ratings
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Mysteriously, my emails on my windows phone, windows, tablet, laptop and android phone all started working again last night. They are still working this morning.
0 Ratings