cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JG123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Unable to access webmail

I have a btinternet email account that dates back to around 1998 and has ben retained via a premium account. I also now have BT broadband, and recently set up two new btinternet accounts from that (different names). Now whenever I try to access my original account (which is my main email account) via webmail, it takes me to MyBT which only shows the new accounts. I cannot add the old account to MyBT either to resolve this. All the accounts work fine on my iPad and in Microsoft Office. How do I get access to my main account via webmail?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unable to access webmail

What happens when you try to log onto your account using this link

BT Email 

To attach and email account to your present BT Broadband account see this link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-account....

0 Ratings
JG123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

That link takes me to MyBT with the new email address. When I try to add the old address I get a message ‘Sorry this username/password is not recognised please try again’. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

What suffix is the "old" email account using. ie @btinternet.com or is it using something else?

When was the last time you accessed the "old" email account via a web browser?

Have you tried clearing the history and cookies from your browser?

Have you tried a different browser?

0 Ratings
JG123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

It’s btinternet.com.

I accessed the ‘old’ account via webmail a few weeks ago, before I set up MyBT

I went on live chat and they told me to clear my history and cookies - that didn’t work, nor did using a different browser

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

I think there will be nothing further that forum members will be able to suggest to help you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
JG123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thanks - I suspected it might be a specific problem with the profiles on my account - I just thought it was worth asking here in case anyone knew an answer before I contacted the helpline. 

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 10

Hi @JG123 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the problems you're having accessing your original email account.  We'll be able to check this out for you from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
JG123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thanks Robbie - I think your message is incomplete - it stops half way through the info you need

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 10

@JG123 wrote:

Thanks Robbie - I think your message is incomplete - it stops half way through the info you need

Hi @JG123 

Thanks.  I'm not sure what happened.

I have sent another message.  Drop me a reply when you get the chance and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings