cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Unable to add file attachments to emails

I have just had my email moved from BTYahoo to the new BT Mail app. On the Yahoo app on iPhone I could email attachments from my files folder however in the new BT Mail app when I click on the paper clip I only get the option to email photos, files is greyed out. When replying to an email with an attachment the files option is available but it only let’s me attach the document that was in the email I am replying to.

Has anyone had this, how do you fix it?

This is feeling like a downgrade at the moment, emails appear in random order, so new unread emails are further down that old read emails and when trying to write a new email I often get a blank page and have to re-start the app for it to work.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to add file attachments to emails

Is nobody able to answer this question?

I'm stunned that we can be migrated to a new email system and mobile app that doesn't have essential functionality. For developers out there this absolutely should have been part of MVP, no other email provider would get away with this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

The best answer is not to use the BTMail app. If you read the reviews for it you will see that it does not get good ratings.

Your iPhone's onboard email app will work fine with BT email as will any other email app that is available.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Spent a long time avoiding Apple's email application as it didn't used to play nicely with Yahoo email accounts and the official fix was to not use it and use the BTYahoo mail app, so even though it's pretty obvious that didn't come to mind

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Where did the "official" fix come from about using the Yahoo app because the Apple app didn't "play nicely" with Yahoo accounts?

The Yahoo app was never a BTYahoo app, it just happened to accept the BTYahoo account while BT were still using the Yahoo servers. The correct servers were/are the BT ones and have been since about 2014 if I remember correctly.

BT are no longer using the Yahoo servers which is why the Yahoo app no longer works with BTMail.

See the following links

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-yahoo-update-settings

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

This can from whoever I spoke to at BT support when my emails were not updating in the iPhone mail app. Their response was that there were known issues with Yahoo email accounts in the app and that I should download and use the  Yahoo Mail app. This was several years ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

That is the first time I have heard that and especially if it was an "official" fix. 

I'm sure there will be many Apple users through out the world using Yahoo email accounts without any problems. In any event as you are now aware you will not be able to use it with BTMail.

If you don't want to use the onboard email app you could try the Bluemail app which gets recommended by users on this forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I only assumed it was official as that was the fix I was given by BT support after over a week of removing and re-adding email accounts settings, etc. had not fixed the issue. As I said this was several years ago so may have worked fine after but never tried as used the Yahoo app by default then...which is actually far nicer to use than the built in mail app. Will have a look at Bluemail, cheers

0 Ratings