Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peerierasmie
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Unable to delete a friends and family email address

Go to solution

Hi, I imported a bt e-mail address to my account, it now shows in friends and family section in manage my emails. I want to remove this email address as it seems to be causing problems, but there is no option to delete it? This imported email address is now inactive and supposedly deleted by bt, but if someone emails my domain name email whis is routed to my main bt e-mail account I don't seem to receive the emails and the sender receives an undeliverable saying that the imported email address is inactive. A loop seems to have been created, I'm hoping removal of the imported e-mail address will solve all my problems! I look forward to some help. Thank you. Julie

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to delete a friends and family email address

Go to solution

@peerierasmie

How do you access your e-mails?  Outlook/Thunderbird Mail (3rd Party Software) or via the web?

Just curious as to the routing issue.

With regards to removing the extra e-mail address, I would assume that may need some moderator intervention. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
peerierasmie
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, I access my emails through BT webmail. It worked fine until BT said they were stopping the imported account. We no longer use the imported bt account as we now use a new bt email address which is more relevant to our business name. I do have an IT guy who renews our domain name and has routed the domain name email to our bt internet email address.

Yes I'm hoping a moderator will help with removal of the imported 'friends and family' email address as I have contacted BT and they were no help. I'm going to try another 'live chat' with BT again to see if they haven any luck this time.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

peerierasmie

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

are you a business user?  f so you need to post here  https://business.forums.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
peerierasmie
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi,

No, we don't have a business account, but are looking into that, I believe it has a monthly cost, but may be more what we need for running the business, than a free bt personal account.

Thank you for your reply.

peerierasmie

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Are you the main account holder because only the main account holder can delete email accounts.

See link 

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44861/~/how-do-i-delete-a-bt-mail-address%3F

0 Ratings
peerierasmie
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Yes I am, but the problem is that there is no option to delete as it's not an added email to my account, it was an imported BT email from another person's account. So appears under 'friends and family'. Their BT account was closing and I added it to my account to prevent them losing access to it.

Thanks for your help.

peerierasmie

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you.

peerierasmie
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you so much!

Much obliged.

peerierasmie

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @peerierasmie

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts!

I'm sorry for the problems you've been having deleting the mailbox.  From what you have posted it sounds like the mailbox has been gifted to another BTID which is the reason why it is showing in the "friends & family" section and why you don't have the option to delete it.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings