Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MinkeeDJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Unable to disable email forwarding BT Yahoo Maili

I activated email forwarding a while ago, so all my BT mails would go to my Live mail account.

I now want to cancel this but am unable to find an option to do so in my Settings ... 

Would appreciate a Mod advising for removing this service as has been previous actioned for OP's, as I really don't want to continue getting 2 copies of my BT mail now

TIA

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to disable email forwarding BT Yahoo Maili

Hi.

Unfortunately Yahoo! have removed this feature temporarily. I had this confirmed on 16 Sep, and as yet no date for resumption.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 3 of 8

BT should ask Yahoo what they are playing at, and then BT should tell us what they say.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I suspect as BT are in the process of dumping Yahoo and have been bu*****ing them about for some time with the migration to BT Mail I doubt they will get a sensible answer. I'm beginning to wonder if Yahoo are deliberately atagonising BTYahoo customers with this and what appears to be the inability to create new sub accounts that has ben reported in other posts.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 5 of 8

I wouldn't be surprised if Yahoo are disbelieving about how badly the migration has been handled, as we all are. Yahoo have been messed about by BT, as much as BT's customers have been. And now the migration has been stalled indefinitely, with BT seemingly wanting to keep un-migrated legacy accounts on Yahoo for good. 

What a mess.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

@aoxm84 wrote:

BT should ask Yahoo what they are playing at, and then BT should tell us what they say.

Here is the exact message from Yahoo! :-

that option has been temporarily disabled while engineering works on it.  He[sic] hope to have it restored soon.

It was only done a couple of days earlier than 16 September, so I suspect it's BT independent.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 7 of 8

@Andy_N wrote:

Here is the exact message from Yahoo! :-

that option has been temporarily disabled while engineering works on it.  He[sic] hope to have it restored soon.

It was only done a couple of days earlier than 16 September, so I suspect it's BT independent.

Hmm, a classic first line support fob off phrase, by someone who doesn't know what the issue is, but does want you off his/her back. One would hope BT could obtain something a bit more substantial, from someone higher up at Yahoo.

0 Ratings
MinkeeDJ
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Great so for now I either remove my BT account from Live Mail or put up with duplicate emails ... decisions decisions 😕

0 Ratings