cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Unable to display unread emails

Go to solution

Any idea why I cannot see unread emails in one of my BT Mail accounts?  My inbox tells me that they are there, but does not display them.  On the odd occasion when they are displayed, when I try to open one, I get a message about moving a mail and asking me to refresh the page.  This does not seem to work (or takes ages, by which time I've given up).

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to display unread emails

Go to solution

Make sure you are not using "Conversation View". Log onto your email account and go to "Change View" at the right hand side. Scroll down to "Conversation View" and click ONCE to toggle it on or off.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, it made no difference.  The small icon beside Conversation View did not change - remained a small black box.  Still no sign of unread emails.

Tried clicking Conversation View icon twice.  This did display all unread emails.  However, when I tried to open one, I get the message "You have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your screen." 

I click OK to acknowledge and get "Loading Email..." message, and nothing seems to happen.  Refreshing the screen at that point takes me back to where I started - I can only see read emails in my Inbox.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there,

I seem to be having the same issue and as I'm currently in contact with the mods regarding another issue I've sent them another message advising of the new problem. Heres a snippet of what I've sent:

"After logging into the web interface to check my mail I noticed 5 old emails suddenly appear all with dates of 08/07/2021. When I select any of these emails to either view or try to delete them I get an error pop up that states:

"You have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your screen"

Refreshing the screen does nothing other than show the spinning loading icon. I've also noticed that a couple of emails I've just deleted today seem to be magically re-appearing in my inbox.

I've sent 2 test emails from my gmail account to my BT account which haven't yet shown in my BT web mail inbox. They have however been forwarded through BT mail to my gmail account. It appears something (probably the old emails from 08/07/2021 that now wont go away) is blocking new mails entering the inbox."

I have a feeling that this new issue is the cause of my initial problem. I'll let you know what they advise when they get back to me.

Douglas.

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi again,

Ok... quick update. I'm unfortunately not going to be able to help out with this. I heard back from the mods and as my email was linked to a family members BT account who have now changed to a business account my email will be downgraded to a basic account and the mods cant help with BT basic email. All they could offer was that I contact the BT Premium Mail Team by phone.

So apologies if I raised any hopes there.

Douglas.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

I still have the original problem, but I've found a workaround.

Logging in to the email account - no unread emails displayed, but inbox suggests that there are some "hidden".

Click Conversation View TWICE - all unread emails displayed.  I can read and delete them, although sometimes the delete process takes time.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hiya,

I contacted the BT Premium Mail team and they think its a server problem. Because of my situation with my email account being previously linked to a family members account which is now closed they said they'd need to send a technical referal to get this looked at. Three to four working days and the problem should be cleared and if not I have to call them again. We'll see how it goes.

Might be worth giving them a call yourself.

Douglas.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice.  Will follow it up.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

This issue was finally resolved after three weeks.  It is still not clear to me what was wrong and how BT fixed it.  In the interim, I developed a workaround by setting the problem account to auto forward to a working account.  Eventually I raised a complaint and after three days they emailed me (on a different BT email account) saying that they were closing my complaint.  The problem had not been resolved, so I called them again, had the complaint reopened, and a couple of days later, the problem was fixed, and I can now see unread emails in the inbox of the problem account.  No-one has called me to explain what went wrong or how it was fixed, or even to say "Sorry that this happened and we took so long to fix it".

0 Ratings