cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 21

Re: Unable to download e-mails - Windows Mail and iPad - Settings?

Add me to the list. Bt yahoo mail not working on iOS devices. Yet another poor show from BT. The lack of any statement or acknowledgement frustrating
0 Ratings
mikek13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

@infinidim wrote:

I have notice the same issue as well here.

I had a long converstaion with the help desk in India and they initially weren't aware of the issue but after forcing them to contact 2nd level email support they were made aware of the issue.

I have done some diagnostics here and it looks like the issue relates to IMAP and incoming to the client (phone, tablet, MAC or PC). I have been able to send out messages to people but not see any replies in the client (as it errors) other than on web-mail.

You would think that a company like BT would be able to fix this issue quickly as I am sure it relates to some sort of update that they have carried out but the 2nd line person said it could be 4 / 8 hours from 16:34 to get it fixed and he warned me that it might take longer.

Yet again BT screws up it's customers.

Infinidim 

You would think that given the number of people affected by this you wouldn't have to "forcing them to contact 2nd level"...  why is it so hard to get them to pick issues up... and why can't they tell us what's going on??  Seems pretty basic - even for a no-frills consumer service.... 

Interruptions for gas, electricity and water are heavily regulated with a lot more pressure on the companies to restore services or sort out problems.  I just don't see the same thing for phones or tinternet.

0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

BT Support is shocking !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

come on Moderators please can we have an answer
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 21

The problem is on yahoo side but BT needs to be a lot more pro active. Agree that broadband service is kit heavily regulated enough. Outages or drop in services is not acceptable without every effort being put in by provider to sort out. BT is too slow to identify issues, believe users and fix them (if they ever do). And the right hand never seems to know what the left is doing. First tier support should be aware of this outage - I guess they'd be trying to get poor lesser informed users replacing their router, re installing iOS or windows etc etc to deal with this issue. Everything but accept or be aware of the real issue at hand. BT should be giving yahoo hell over this and really a moderator should've posted a sticky on this forum by now
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 21

Blasted predictive text! 'Agree that broadband service is kit heavy regulated' should read 'is NOT heavily regulated'
0 Ratings
Helend1
Message 17 of 21

Same problem here today. I'm really annoyed with BT at the moment. I've also got an issue where someone who sends me regular emails keeps getting the bounce back 421 too many messages report, which means that I don't get their messages for up to 24 hours after they have sent them.

I have been a BT broadband customer for YEARS now, and while it is more expensive than many providers, I have stuck with it as it has been relatively trouble free.  Now, when I have  a problem I realise that they are utterly unresponsive. I had an online 'chat' with an advisor about the problem with the bounceback emails and realised that they were just using a script and actually did not have a clue how to resolve the problem.  Reading the messages on this forum does not fill me with confidence that either of my problems are going to be resolved soon...

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 21

BT has a poor reputation that's for sure. Last year bbc watchdog went for them ( I was nearly on the feature but got cut at last minute! Lol) most people I speak to regard their support as diabolical. I made the decision years ago to get broadband through BT rather than someone like plusnet or sky as it seemed better to cut the middle man, after all BT owns all the infrastructure but it seems that makes no difference. If anything other companies are better placed to get BT to actually do something as BT are more likely to take notice of say Sky than a mere user complaining. The email outage is just the straw that's almost breaking the camels back, the whole migration saga is a running joke - when will it be, will it even happen and of course nowt but silence from BT or a moderator. Infinity congestion issues throughout the country. At the mo I am lucky but I am sure it'll be back. My father had a terrible outage of entire internet for weeks as BT failed to fix a cabinet . The list goes on and on and on. Just a poor service period
0 Ratings
mikek13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

seems to be fixed for me this morning.... both phone and PC

0 Ratings
smfxr01
Message 20 of 21

Seems to have been fixed (or corrected itself)

I can now get e-mails through both my iPad and Windows Mail.

0 Ratings