cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smfxr01
Message 1 of 21

Unable to download e-mails - Windows Mail and iPad - Settings?

Hi.

Unable to get to my e-mails.

Both Windows Mail (Windows 10) and e-mail app on iPad keep on stating that my settings are wrong.

But I am able to go in on Webmail (on Internet Explorer) with the same password.....

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: Unable to download e-mails - Windows Mail and iPad - Settings?

Same here
0 Ratings
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

The last time my iPhone successfully connected was yesterday have tried re installing account with both btinternet and yahoo settings
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Never had issues with Yahoo mail on my iPad Air, midday it suddenly stopped working with 'server' problems. Have tried deleting account and setting up again and updating software on iPad to iOS 8, but no luck . This is not an Internet or password problem as can access via Safari and my phone. Anyone able to help?

0 Ratings
Willscott64
Message 5 of 21

Same here, last time mine connected was this morning on my mobile devices (iPad and iPhone) however it's working from Outlook on home PC and via webmail. I have just sent and received from within Outlook on my PC. Must be some sort of mobile security issue as I get a "incorrect password or username" message....
0 Ratings
mikek13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Same here on both Outlook on PC and on Windows Phone.  From about 1400.  Briefley worked at about 1430 but has broken again.

0 Ratings
mikek13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Do BT know about this?  Are they doing anything about it?  How are we supposed to report stuff like this?  The website seems just to direct us to discuss it here....

Mike

0 Ratings
ibiris
Message 8 of 21

Same issue. No access from any third party application, but it all works fine on the BT Mail website.

0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 9 of 21

I have notice the same issue as well here.

I had a long converstaion with the help desk in India and they initially weren't aware of the issue but after forcing them to contact 2nd level email support they were made aware of the issue.

I have done some diagnostics here and it looks like the issue relates to IMAP and incoming to the client (phone, tablet, MAC or PC). I have been able to send out messages to people but not see any replies in the client (as it errors) other than on web-mail.

You would think that a company like BT would be able to fix this issue quickly as I am sure it relates to some sort of update that they have carried out but the 2nd line person said it could be 4 / 8 hours from 16:34 to get it fixed and he warned me that it might take longer.

Yet again BT screws up it's customers.

Infinidim 

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 10 of 21

It seems that if your e-mail is configured via IMAP Mail Server then there seems to be an issue.

If you are configured via POP3 seems OK.

My Outlook Client not working (IMAP) but my Android Phone is fine (POP3) so must be an authentication issue on the IMAP Servers to Exchange etc....REBOOT REQUIRED !!

So just have wait I guess !!

0 Ratings