cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Unable to download email on mobile and Mozilla Thunderbird.

Hi

First post on here, so be gentle.

I have been able to get my emails on my mobile for a long time now and I use Mozilla Thunderbird on my laptop, which has worked fine uptil today. My phone has not synced since 06.21 this morning.

I have changed password in Yahoo email and of course changed password in Thunderbird and on the mobile. The mobile comes up with a message reading `Unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. No response frpm server`. Thuderbird just keep asking me to enter new password.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to download email on mobile and Mozilla Thunderbird.

there are numerous posts similar to yours on the forum   don't keep trying to change password and just wait and try again tomorrow    search the forum for what others tried

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to download email on mobile and Mozilla Thunderbird.

It is usually a server problem and it resolves its self in a day or two.

If you can access your email via BTYahoo webmail it is obviously not a password problem.

The best advice when that happens is to do nothing and not to change settings or password as that can cause more problems than it solves. 

Because you have changed your password you should check that you can access your email via webmail which will ensure your password is working.

If you can, try changing the password again but this time turn off your mobile and stop T'bird from accessing your email account before changing it.

Once you have changed it, wait 15 minutes and then try changing the password on T'Bird. If that works then change it on your mobile.

0 Ratings