cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Unable to get emails recently

Go to solution

Hi Kevinshepard it could be promising for me as you are now sorted.
Daniel S, Same problem with me unable to get emails from one account that was working fine till the 16th now day 13 and no fix
1 x phone call from BT and 4 from me with promises of updates but nothing constructive and still no fix. Who do I need to contact
that can actually fix this not just leave it to one as has happened to date
Helpless1

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Unable to get emails recently

Go to solution

I have moved you onto your own thread rather than you posting on another person's thread. That often causes confusion when replies are received and in particular if the cause is different even if it appears on the face of it to be the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: Unable to get emails recently

Go to solution

Hi @Helpless1 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post.

I am sorry for the recent problem you're having accessing your emails.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you for assistance new to this,   taking up any means possible to get a solution

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

RobbieMac  Still no access to emails and zero contact from BT but for a message left last Monday that they are still working on the problem day 26 now , I can still see my emails on my phone but if I try to access them up pops Session expired please log in again but does not recognize my details, tried resetting but this then links with another account that is not mine and wants to send a code to a phone that is also not mine.

I have also asked for my emails to be forwarded on to  a working BT email address I have but even this has had no response

Just need a solution now with a bit of feed back so I know  its not just get left to one side with no one bothering like the first 2 weeks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

So just to check

you have a bt email address that you can access via your phone but not through another device?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Steve its all a bit drawn out so i can give you a condensed version.

Was with BT for years left but kept my btinternet.com as premium mail, came back to BT with new account my old email should have been set up as primary but this never happened so they set in up under friends and family went (also went through a load of grief to get this sorted)  I got it resolved by email to BT director who got a guy to call me and sort it out (should have kept the contact number) so all has been fine till last month when i had a ping to say account could be compromised and to change password when i tried it did not recognise my details and told me its BT business account.

Its defo a residential account,  if  I log in through the business my BT and try to reset with forgotten detail i get send to someone else's account???

I have just tried the password up date and this time it has let me re-set it it and i am back working.

Thanks Steve for taking a interest, and NO THANKS to all the BT staff i have spent hours on the phone to with promised updates and call back that I never received.

shocking service that has never got any better

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@Helpless1  I assume you did respond to @RobbieMac   PM

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Helpless1, sorry that this is taking longer than it should. @RobbieMac has been chasing this and he will update you when he is back in the office tomorrow.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Hi @RobbieMac I tried the password update and this time it has let me in to re-set it so and I am back working.
Would be nice to no what happened as almost 4 weeks being down has been very frustrating.
I have not had any contact to tell me things are OK but its been OK so far today.
Big thanks for your help if you getting involved has help the cause
its appreciated and if you do get any feedback on why this happened please let me know
0 Ratings