cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Unable to get new BT email address

Go to solution

I've just joined BT and would like a BT email address. I have my BT account fully setup in MyBT. The instructions to get a new email address tell me to go to My Extras at the bottom of the screen after log in. I get Manage My Extras and when I go there, I can see 'Details' for email but there is not a way to get a new email address.

Could it be that my transfer to BT isn't implemented yet? I wouldn't have thought that would prevent me from getting an email address. Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to get new BT email address

Go to solution

Entirely your choice of course, but I'm not sure why you are so keen to get a BT email address. The BT mail system seems to have more than its fair share of problems. An ISP agnostic transportable address such as Gmail is a much better option.

Its possible you won't be able to create a BT email address until your order has completed and been closed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Your "extras" won't be fully shown until your order is completed.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I already have a gmail account and wanted BT as my secondary email as I currently use freeserve, which is about to have the plug pulled !

0 Ratings