cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Unable to log in to BT openworld email account

Once again BT have failed me. For over six months, when I log in to my BTopenworld account, on my PC, I always received the same message, "You have been unsuccessful in logging in too many times etc etc etc etc etc therefore you must wait 15 minutes before trying again. Needless to say, this is the first time. I immediately try again and then I am allowed in. I reported this to BT and they assured me this would not happen again. Of course it did but as it always worked second time I couldn't be bothered to contact them again.

Today, however, I am unable to log-in no matter how many times I try. I know my address and password is correct. I can receive emails on my mobile without any problem. 

I am expecting and need to deal and access my BT account on my PC for important and urgent emails. I need access to other files on my PC. These are not available on my mobile, hence that is not suitable.

I have just about had enough of BT emailing system. They changed the format a few weeks ago and I complained on here. BT did contact me. They were very pleasant and tried to be helpful but not able to rectify the most basic facility problems (for example the contact list being totally random rather than alphabetical). After 20 years with BT with landline, broadband, BT Sport et al, I am seriously thinking of calling it a day. The inconvenience is too great and time wasting for me trying to solve problems, et al.

What on earth do I do now? Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Please do not suggest changing passwords etc as that does not work I can assure you.

This is one extremely disappointed Terrier. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to log in to BT openworld email account

@Terrior 

Good Morning, 

Most important question.  Can you access your account via Webmail? (through a browser)

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Terrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for suggestion, but sadly no.

0 Ratings
Terrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Good morning,

Just to keep you in the loop CJT80, the problem rectified itself. In other words many hours later, after attempting all sorts of ways to access the log-in, I managed to log-in. However, since then, just as before, I am not allowed to log-in first time, ever. First thing in the morning I am still fed the same message that I have attempted to log-in too many times, etc. so I am blocked. I try again, and hey presto!, I am logged in.

For the record, my experience of not being able to log-in for hours did cause me many problems.

Kind Regards

Terrier 

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

@Terrior 

Sadly BT e-mail is known to have issues, and as such I have never used it.  I have had the same Hotmail account since the late 90's and refuse to use an ISP supplied e-mail.

I would normally suggest using a 3rd party e-mail programme but that tends to cause issues as well.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Terrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Good morning CJT80, All,

Yet again I am unable to log-in to my BT email account. 

I followed all the tips, clearing history, et al, and still no joy. I am able to access it on my mobile phone but not my PC where all my files are.  Each time I log-on using my PC I am informed the address or password are incorrect but this usually works on then second attempt. I have now accepted this as a gremlin BT cannot fix. This morning, still no access after 20 attempts.

I have had a BT email account since the 90's and have had the occasional problem. I also have a gmail account but this is not the account known by colleagues, friends and clients.

The inconvenience this problem causes is significant. BT seem unable to solve what appear to be simple issues despite being aware of them for a long time. Other issues have not been resolved either, contacts list being random, photo attachments upside-down and no facility to rotate, etc. At a time when there are many other communication options, at cheaper rates than BT, I would have expected them to be on top of the game to ensure loyalty.

Very disappointing. 

Kind Regards

Terrier. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

If you have BT Web Advisor try turning it off.

0 Ratings
MartinRowe57
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Do you have MacAfee WebAdviser (you can check by going to Tools> AddOns > Manage your extensions

If so, turn it off, then try to logon to web mail

0 Ratings