Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Unable to log in to my BT Yahoo emails

Go to solution

Hi,

I have had my @btinternet.com email address for 12 years. I have not been a BT customer for approx 4 years. I was able to keep my email address problem free until about 18 months ago. Approx 18 months ago I tried to log into my @btinternet.com using the normal route of logging in via the BT email log in page. I was unable to login anymore as a message popped up to say my email address was no longer recognised. I phoned BT and they gave me a solution which has worked fine up until 3 days ago. The solution was to log in via Yahoo mail login instead of BT email login but each time I had to clear the cookies and cache, as I say this has worked fine until recently. When I attempt to login now I go to Yahoo mail login, enter my email address, click next and then im re directed to the BT email login page. I am unable to login via my laptop or through a 'classic' website. The only way I am able to see my emails (which is limited) currently is via my android mail app on my phone. 

It seems that something has changed at the Yahoo or the BT end. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have emailed Yahoo with no answer and BT wont help as Im no longer a customer.

Many Thanks in advance.

Claire

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to log in to my BT Yahoo emails

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

If you haven't paid for premium mail your email address will have been deleted as you are no longer a BT customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Claire4wrote:

Hi,

I have had my @btinternet.com email address for 12 years. I have not been a BT customer for approx 4 years. I was able to keep my email address problem free until about 18 months ago. Approx 18 months ago I tried to log into my @btinternet.com using the normal route of logging in via the BT email log in page. I was unable to login anymore as a message popped up to say my email address was no longer recognised. I phoned BT and they gave me a solution which has worked fine up until 3 days ago. The solution was to log in via Yahoo mail login instead of BT email login but each time I had to clear the cookies and cache, as I say this has worked fine until recently. When I attempt to login now I go to Yahoo mail login, enter my email address, click next and then im re directed to the BT email login page. I am unable to login via my laptop or through a 'classic' website. The only way I am able to see my emails (which is limited) currently is via my android mail app on my phone. 

It seems that something has changed at the Yahoo or the BT end. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have emailed Yahoo with no answer and BT wont help as Im no longer a customer.

Many Thanks in advance.

Claire

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Frankly you were lucky it's lasted this long, as a non-associated email address can be deleted at any time. The work-around you were given was a fluke.

At least you have some form of backup via the app, but other than that the account will have been deleted.

I expect there could be more similar posts, as it seems like BT run some form of robot that picks up "some" accounts that are not attached to a BTBroadband account or BT Premium Mail - and deletes them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for everyone's replies. If I pay for premium mail do you think I will be able to get all my emails back?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Claire4wrote:
Thank you for everyone's replies. If I pay for premium mail do you think I will be able to get all my emails back?

Hi again.

The only way this can be checked is for a moderator to find out. Premium Mail (really - normal mail with a cost) is a monthly contract, but the issue is whether the email address has been completely deleted and not in some limbo state ready for removal.

I'm not sure that you could even get the address back by simply paying, again a moderator may be able to help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Just to let you all know that I contacted BT after your advice / comments.

BT have been excellent and re-instated my email address, they had it marked to be deleted so I am truly grateful to this forum alerting me that this may be the case. You dont realise how much you take your email account for granted.

I have been set up for BT premium emails now at a cost of £7.50 per month.

Thanks again and I hope this post can help others.

Claire

0 Ratings