cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WendyWates
Message 1 of 4

Unable to log into BT Yahoo account from my Apple laptop

Hi there,

I am having problems logging on to my BT Yahoo account on my Apple laptop. I have been unable to log on for the last few weeks. I get an error message saying that the password is invalid. I know the password is correct as I have been successfully able to log on through my work computer, iPad and iPhone. It is only on my personal laptop that I can't log on. 

I have tried accessing the account through Safari and Firefox and I get the same message on both.

Does anyone out there know how I can fix the problem???

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
GeneralDisquiet
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to log into BT Yahoo account from my Apple laptop

Wendy,

I've had intermittent issues with a similar problem that seems to be caused by a BT server problem.  Try taking the account offline by going to:

Mail>Mailbox>Online Status

and then clicking on the offending account to take it offline.  Repeat and take the account back online.  This usually works.

Sometimes, I have to switch off completely and restart.   Out of interest, have you recently upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion?

"To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
-- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

0 Ratings
susandavies
Message 3 of 4

I notice the date on this post but I have the same issue = I have an imac- iphone and now an ipad and everything was fine until Sunday but now cant get into mail on any of then

saying password is incorrect but it works when I log in on google

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The first thing I would do would be to reset the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recessed button on the rear. If that doesn't help then this link helped a forum member who had a similar problem. It is basically to set up a new email account.

http://www.karthikk.net/2011/10/how-to-fix-yahoo-server-unavailable-when-syncing-with-ios-5/

This is the link to the full thread.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/IPad-amp-IPhone-Mail-problem/td-p/787168

0 Ratings