Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Unable to log on MyBT and emails

Go to solution

Up until 5 AprI could log on to Desk PC and I-Pad without any problem using a shortcut. Now encountered a problem logging on to my desk PC using shortcuts and entering email addresses and passwords being told each time to "check username, passwords etc."  Having tried my 3 email addresses I tried to log on to MyBT only to be told the same thing. Changed password and tried again but was still unsuccessful. Cleared the web site and tried again with My BT,  this time successfully and going to Email logged on to one OK. On logging out and going via the same route to another email address I got the msg to "check username, passwords etc".  Now appears that I have to log on to MyBT first, then go to email. It is very frustrating as I can log on/off emails via shortcut with no problem on my I-Pad.   All other functions appear OK on my PC, including my security program. Just tried one more time to log on to MyBT on my PC and Have failed getting the msg "please check username/passwords etc" again.  VERY, VERY FRUSTRATING! Any advice gratefully received. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to log on MyBT and emails

Go to solution

Can you log into your email accounts via this link

BT Email 

If you still have a problem try clearing the history and cookies of your browser. If that doesn't work try another browser in order to rule out a browser problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello,

Yes could log on OK via the link you provided.  Cleared all cookies and history of the browser I use and then tried to log on.  No joy.  Tried another browser, one I used before the change to the "problem" browser, and all now appears as normal, logging on without any problems.  I suppose the answer is to bin the problematic browser.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Out of interest which browser is the "problem" one?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

AVAST Secure Browser.

Any experience of this browser? I think I'll uninstall unless you think there might be a solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I have no personal knowledge of the Avast browser but I suspect it is just a rebadged browser with some of the Avast security features incorporated into it. It would appear that for what ever reason it is not playing nicely with the BT logon. 

Forum user Carlusha sent me a link to reviews for the Avast browser and it gets mixed reviews.

Unless you have a pressing need to use it I would uninstall it and use one of the better known browsers. If you need any extra security on your chosen browser do an Internet search to see what is recommended and what sort of reviews it gets.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hello,

Going to uninstall the Browser, I think it is associated with "Bing", at least that's what comes up when searching for something.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

All was going well after the problem seemed to have been solved.  Today it returned!  Can log on without any problem on my iPad but not via my PC.

Cleared cookies and browsing history, restarted PC but still no joy.  Could log in to BT home then go to the email I needed to log on to.

Very frustrating - is there something more that needs to be done to my PC?

Any further advice gratefully received.

0 Ratings