Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyBlenk
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to manage email addresses from Primary BT ID login

Hi,

I was recently asked to confirm my primary BT ID in My BT, and since doing so I've been unable to access the Manage Email from the My BT page. All I have is a Check Email link even though the profile confirms I'm logged in with the primary BT ID.

This seems to be the first indicator of an underlying account problem with my various sub email addresses

I nice BT advisor reset my BT account number yesterday, which restored Manage Email temporarily, but after having to confirm the primary ID it broke again so I am back to square one and asking for help here.

As a bit more background:

From the link under Settings in BT mail, logged on as the primary ID, I can see my manage email accounts page and one of my email accounts can be accessed from the primary BT ID email login, so something works. Unfortunately if I try to log in directly to the one other account I have as a BT ID I can't get in, the login page is just redisplayed without an error message. All the other accounts either don't appear in the dropdown of accounts or can't be added. One, I believe, is an old Yahoo account which can be accessed

All a bit of a mess and very confusing, and seems to be related to this new concept of having a primary BT ID and assigning existing email addresses to your account as BT IDs. Feels like the underlying account has got messed up.

Anyone have similar problems and more importantly, can anyone out there help with how to sort this out?

Many Thanks, Tony

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to manage email addresses from Primary BT ID login

@TonyBlenk We'll need to raise this with the BT ID team for you. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
TonyBlenk
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to manage email addresses from Primary BT ID login

Thanks Neil, have raised via 'contact the mods'.

0 Ratings