cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Unable to reset password on sub accounts

I'm struggling to change the password on a couple of sub accounts that my family has forgotten, unfortunately when I use the password resetter it seems to get confused. I checked to make sure the security info on my primary email address was correct.

The password resetter seems to point me to the helpdesk but this only gives me more options that then send me back to the resetter.

I rang the helpdesk but unfortunately after half an hour of messing around, the guy was difficult to understand, and when I asked him to email me the reset password on the first account he apparently was not able to email me. It seems that customer service do not have email facilities.

Whilst I'm not overly bothered about the sub accounts I do have some that are important to me and not being able to easily change the password on them seems to me to be a major failing.

I realise that this is not BT and the connection with yahoo is loose to say the least it does seem a shame that what should be a very simple task is being made very hard by a combination of language issues and technology not working correctly.

I have tried the step by step but it just pointed me at teh same failing resetter function

If anyone in the BT care team can help it would be very much appreciated.

Alan

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to change password on sub accounts

If you go into your BTYahoo master account and reset subaccount password from there. See this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9939/~/i've-forgotten-the-password-or-username-for-a-...

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Nice try, gg, but that resetter has been tried by me and it not working for me after entering the correct details it seems to get confused and point me at the unhelpful helpdesk,

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/3274

I get in a loop after that.

thanks anyway,

Alan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Have you gone into your master account and try to reset sub account from there?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Log on the master account go to "Manage Sub accounts" click on it and re-enter your password if needed. Go to "Change My Password" click on it and a box will open. Enter the sub account email address that you want to change then follow the prompts.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Sadly that won't work as its a change password, you have to know the original password, not a reset and I forgot the passwords and the ones I thought they were don't seem to work.

sorry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

If you call this number 0800 111 4567 they should be able to reset the password after you have answered the security questions. They should be able to do it while you are online and once reset check it has reset while they wait on the phone.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Sadly I mentioned the difficulty on that number right in the first message, I spent 30 minutes, they really didn;t know what they were doing and I had to give up. The conversation was very difficult as I could barely understand what was being said half the time. I asked the CSO to email the reset password to my primary email but this was not possible apparently they are fixing email but don;t have any access to email !

I'll wait and see if anyone else has a solution before I call them again, perhaps a custoner care person may be watchin gand take pity on me otherwise i'll just email Ian livingstone and see what he's got to say 😉

thanks for trying though,

Alan

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

It seems that I cannot change the password without talking to a customer service person, they wanted to talk to me tonight but I'll have to wait until tuesday as thats the next time I can afford a potential 3hr slot they want to call me in. Lets hope they get the email response as it took nearly 2 days to get the answer.

This is back to snail mail for me 😉

0 Ratings