(For the record running under Windows 10 with all updates applied)
Suddenly, today, the following problem has occurred:
- create a new email ... and "save" it so that it goes into Drafts and then close the new email window
- select Drafts folder ... the "new" email is present
- select and open the "new" email and, in order to amend it OR to send it, click "Keep composing message" and the email window opens with contents ready to be edited exactly as when it was being written.
- from this point onwards the following buttons do not work
... "Save" to save any changes you make
... "Send" and "Discard" - so it is impossible to send it
... the "X" in the top right of the email window so it is NOT possible to close the window
- the only way out of this appears to close BT Mail and start again
The problem also applies even if the email is one that is being forwarded or replied to and saved before it is sent.
Therefore, effectively you can no longer save an incomplete email in Drafts, pick it up again and then send it.
I have every day for the last year been creating emails, parking them in drafts and sending them some time later without any problems
Any ideas welcome
I don't use webmail, but as a test I have managed to re-create the problem and confirm it happens with both Firefox and Opera browsers.
I will alert the mods to the problem to raise with the email team. They will pick it up in the morning now.
I have tested again this morning …. the problem appears to have been resolved.
Thanks to licquorice for confirming there was a problem!