Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Si-App
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Unable to send emails on Iphone

Go to solution

Hello

From today my I-Phone stopped sending emails from my BT account. I can receive them ok, but have been unable to reply or send any out.

I have deleted my account and re-instated it a few time to see if that helps

When trying to send a get  "The Sender Address was Invalid"

I have checked setting etc but no luck. Any ideas please

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to send emails on Iphone

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email address through a BT Premium email account?

If you are a BT Broadband customer was the email account set up from that BT Broadband account or have you previously left BT for another provider and subsequently returned to BT and the email account was set up on the "old"  BT Broadband account?

Which email app are you using?

The correct settings are as per this link. Can you confirm that you are using those settings.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Si-App
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi

I am not a broadband customer, its an old email address i have had for years.

I use the Mail feature on my i-phone and its was working fine up until yesterday. I can receive emails ok but just can send or receive.

I have checked my account on line and that works ok. All settings in the link you sent are correct 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If you are not a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email account it will have been downgraded to the BTBasic email and this can not be accessed on an email client or app. It can only be used with a web browser.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

0 Ratings