Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to send emails!

Go to solution

I have a talk21 email account which was transferred to BT mail a while back.  Since it has changed I have been able to receive emails but not send on my Ipad, although my iphone worked fine using the exact same settings as the Ipad.  I have now just got a new iphone and I am once again faced with the inability to send emails.  I keep getting an error message saying that the password is incorrect.  I have gone into settings and re-entered the outgoing password and re-verified the account but am still unable to send messages.  Please help as I really dont want to change my email address/account and am at my wits end!!  Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to send emails!

Go to solution

Hi @tham1973,

Can you get logged into your account through the following link BT Email?

On your phone, try changing the end of your email from @talk21.com to .t21@btinternet.com.

For example; if your email was test@talk21.com change it to test.t21@btinternet.com

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to send emails!

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel. I had been on the forum over the weekend and had checked all of the settings that you mentioned. What was odd was that it worked fine on my iphone4s and even with the exact settings on ipad and new iphone8 it just wouldnt send emails.

i have now found the solution though - the incoming server had a capital letter at the start of the password. One would assume that the outgoing would be the same. At the end of my tether I actually tried the outgoing password with a lower case first letter and it worked! I am over the moon!!

0 Ratings