Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krandolph
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to send or receive emails via mail clients

PLEASE HELP !

Suddenly 6 days ago I am unable to send or receive emails via Windows Live Mail or Iphone and Ipad.  I have been using these methods for years now without any problems, but now this message is showing:-

Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet (David) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

There are 3 email accounts we use and all are saying the same message.

I can pick all 3 email accounts up directly from Yahoo individually.  So what has gone wrong ?

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to send or receive emails via mail clients

This can/does often happen and if you leave things alone it usually sorts its self out. Hopefully you will not have changed your password in an attempt to "fix" your problem as doing that can cause more problems.

It appears that you do not have the correct settings as per the ones you have posted. The correct settings for BT email are as per this link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

As you appear to be on the BTYahoo email system you could try the Yahoo server settings as per this link

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3697.html

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to send or receive emails via mail clients

@Krandolphwrote:

PLEASE HELP !

Suddenly 6 days ago I am unable to send or receive emails via Windows Live Mail or Iphone and Ipad.  I have been using these methods for years now without any problems, but now this message is showing:-

Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet (David) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

There are 3 email accounts we use and all are saying the same message.

I can pick all 3 email accounts up directly from Yahoo individually.  So what has gone wrong ?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As mentioned by gg30340, for one account only - change the port to 995 and SSL/TLS yes.

Then see what happens.

It's actually unusual for all the accounts to be faulty at the same time, to me that appears to indicate something else.

Of course, with no access via iPhone/iPad makes it a fault with general access, rather than those devices or WLM.

When you logged in via Yahoo, did you try :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

that has been shown to kickstart app/client access.

Of course, you might have to go through a few clicks to make sure that the consent boxes are specific to your requirements (unless you've done that already). Anything with Oath is Yahoo, as Oath are the parent.

0 Ratings