cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Double_D
Message 1 of 4

Unable to send or receive messages for the xxxx Mail account.

Unable to send or receive messages for the xxx Mail account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to send or receive messages for the xxxx Mail account.

Hi @Double_D  welcome to the forum and sorry you didn't get any replies to your post. Are you still having a problem with your email account? 

If you are can you let us know if you are using webmail or a client and which client?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Double_D
Message 3 of 4

Hi JohnC2, It would appear that it was just another BT problem that they couldn't be bothered to let anyone know about. It is working ok now. I wasted hours trying to find a solution. Why don't they announce there is a problem or would that be too embarrassing for them. If these problems continue and there is no acknowlledgement of it I will be going elsewhere. Poor effort BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@Double_Dwrote:

Hi JohnC2, It would appear that it was just another BT problem that they couldn't be bothered to let anyone know about. It is working ok now. I wasted hours trying to find a solution. Why don't they announce there is a problem or would that be too embarrassing for them. If these problems continue and there is no acknowlledgement of it I will be going elsewhere. Poor effort BT.

The problem you had is almost certainly to do with the generic issue with the mail servers (check which service you're on, BTYahoo or BTMail - login to webmail www.bt.com/mail, and look for the Yahoo image top left for BTYahoo, otherwise it's BTMail).

There will not be an announcement as the problem is sporadic and affects random accounts at random times, so it's not a problem.

The forum advice is to do nothing, no password changes, settings changes, add/delete accounts or apps/clients. If webmail works, then that's why the advice is to do nothing and the issue clears after a few hours/days.

BT will not investigate this general problem, and you will get no further response in this forum.

The best thing is to use a different email, like Gmail. You will then not be tied to any ISP and will be rid of BTinternet email and the problems.

0 Ratings