Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gatsoman1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unable to send/recieve

Hi,

Untitled.jpgI have a similar problem to many other people but don't seem to be able to find a resolution to it!. Don't have BT Broadband anymore just the remaining e-mail. That recently stopped working so I looked into things & thought it was due to me not paying for it. Subscribed to BT Premium Mail at £5.00 per month today. I still have problems with my Outlook. I have set the account up manually several times & on different machine but still get the same problem. When you click on 'Test Settings' in Outlook it goes off to try & vailidate everything but fails! I then do a send/receive which says that the sending worked but the receive failed. See attached image. BT keep saying its a setting in Outlook or on my machine which is absolute rubbish as I can set up another account that works fine! I have also tried setting up the account on different PC's (with different op-sys's on!) & also different versions of Outlook. I have also tried setting it up on my iPhone & still not getting anywhere! Please can someone help resolve this issue? Many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to send/recieve

Are you sure the account hasn't been deleted, can you access your email via webmail here

0 Ratings
Gatsoman1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi licquorice,

Many thanks for your speedy response.

Yes I can access Webmail no problem at all! When I managed to speak to someone at BT they said that if I can access that there is nothing wrong with the account & I need to speak to Microsoft! I know that is absolute rubbish & I have proven that by the numerous different ways I have tried to set the account up (as mentioned in my original post).

The annoying thing is it was working fine & has been for years but just decided to stop!

Mant thanks again!...........

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you are still on the BTYahoo mail system (look for Yahoo branding on the webmail site) then you could try using the Yahoo servers, pop.mail.yahoo.com port 995 (or imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993) for incoming and smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 465 for outgoing.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Just a reminder. If the Yahoo servers work and you decide to continue usoing them, you will need to login to webmail at least once every 90 days to ensure the account doesn't get deleted as connecting directly to the Yahoo servers may not register with BT.