cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbrazier
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

'Unable to verify account name or password' - apple mail on iMac. Mobiles and iPad ok

The last 24 hours when i launch apple mail i get a 'cant connect to the account' prompt for password which i do then a "unable to verify account name or password'. I have double checked the mail settings as per bt.com. My mails are fine on webmail log-in and all mobile devices so i know the password is correct. please help

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
SidewaysSyd
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: 'Unable to verify account name or password' - apple mail on iMac. Mobiles and iPad ok

Same for me and has been happening for about 2 weeks. I can receive emails to my btinternet.com account but cannot send any.  When I try to send an email, I get a popup window asking me to verify my account by entering my password - I enter the correct password and after a couple of minutes get the 'unable verify account name or password' message.

I cannot send emails from my iCloud.com email address either, but I can send from my gmail account - and I can send from bt webmail.

I can send send mails from my btinternet.com account from my iPhone.

Same as the user who raised this, my BT account settings in Mac Mail are correct.

0 Ratings