cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJay18
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to view email attachments

I have sent a number of documents as word attachments but the recipient cannot open. They get a message

'unable to convert the document'. I have tried to open the sent document and get a dialogue box

'This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install a app, or if one is already installed create an association in the Default App  install Apps Setting page' .

This has only happened since the updates. I had no problems previously.

What is going on?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to view email attachments

Using BTMail webmail I have found that if you click on the attachment Icon rather than downloading the attachment it opens a Word document as a PDF for some reason but if you download it opens as a Word document.

If I use an email client it opens as a Word document.

You would need to find out how your recipient is accessing his/her email to see where the problem is.

You should have a PDF reader on your computer but if not it looks like you will need to install one.

0 Ratings
JJay18
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to view email attachments

Thanks, I can open the PDF document in my sent email downloading or clicking the icon but not the Word doc on the BT Webmail.

Problem is, this was a job application and I sent it both as Word and as a PDF and the recruiter could not open either.

I have never had this problem before but since the update using the email is problematic and frustrating. I had to apologize and use my Gmail account instead. Embarrassing and not professional at all.😣

0 Ratings