Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Undelivered email with code '550 5.4.317 Message expired

Go to solution

Over a year ago I had the problem that whenever I sent an email to a BT Mail address the email was not delivered it was solved by BT but in the past week the problem has returned!

Does anyone have the BT postmaster email address. please, so I can contact them with this issue?

The meassage I get from postmaster@outlook.com reads as follows;

"Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

'xxxxxxx@btinternet.com' (xxxxxx@btinternet.com)
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: DB3EUR04HT062.mail.protection.outlook.com
Receiving server: DB3EUR04HT062.eop-eur04.prod.protection.outlook.com

xxxxxxxx@btinternet.com
5/20/2018 8:58:27 PM - Server at DB3EUR04HT062.eop-eur04.prod.protection.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.317 Message expired, cannot connect to remote server(521 rgin19.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - no PTR record for 40.92.74.32)'
5/20/2018 8:54:30 PM - Server at btinternet.com (65.20.0.49) returned '450 4.4.317 Cannot connect to remote server [Message=521 rgin19.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - no PTR record for 40.92.74.32] [LastAttemptedServerName=btinternet.com] [LastAttemptedIP=65.20.0.49:25] [DB3EUR04FT028.eop-eur04.prod.protection.outlook.com](521 rgin19.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - no PTR record for 40.92.74.32)'"

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Undelivered email with code '550 5.4.317 Message expired

Go to solution

Hi.

Someone else had a similar issue a couple of days back with Outlook.com failing to connect with btinternet.

The postmaster's email address is fairly obvious actually, it's postmaster@btinternet.com

However, the "postmaster" needs to come to these forums to explain themselves, and why they don't sort out the mail systems. All they do is treat every reports as though it's the first time they've seen it rather than remember all the other masses of similar reports they must get. Then get to the bottom of the root cause of the faults. The fault being the mail system.

0 Ratings
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Andy for your reply.

I have now send an email to postmaster@btinternet.com along with attached emails that were not delivered as I remembered that I had this same problem a couple of years ago and they then did ask for the contents of the emails. Hope that it will help them sort out this issue once and for all.

0 Ratings
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
This has been wrongly marked as Solved. I did not marked it as solved as no solution has been found by BT mail service as postmaster@btinternet have not as yet contacted me with a solution!!!!!
0 Ratings
Sputnik_2
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I am experiencing the identical problem in sending from an outlook.com account to btinternet.com recipients.  There is clearly a problem with BT's interface.

0 Ratings
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Emailed postmaster@btinternet.com asking for a solution to the issue or at least an explanation and as yet I have received nothing not even an acknowledgement that they have received my email typical of uselessness of the service from BT!! 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@scopiowrote:
Emailed postmaster@btinternet.com asking for a solution to the issue or at least an explanation and as yet I have received nothing not even an acknowledgement that they have received my email typical of uselessness of the service from BT!! 😞

Are you still getting the problem?

This should have actually been fixed, as it was technically a Microsoft error. (There is another thread about it).

The explanation is that IP address from your OP :-

didn't have a rDNS - which now shows as :-

mail-oln040092074032.outbound.protection.outlook.com

So the postmaster is sort of absolved from this issue.

0 Ratings
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Don't know if I still have this issue. I have resend the same email to the same email addresses again to see if the outlook postmaster can deliver it. I will have the answer in a couple of days as that was the time it took for outlook postmaster to inform me that the emails were not delivered before.
0 Ratings
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Just received an email from one of my contacts to whom I resend the undelivered email and he confirms he has now received it. So the issue with outlook.com emails does seem to be solved, for now.