Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 55

Re: Unlink master email from BTID

@DanielS

I've also now tried the account access link in the email screen and that works too.

can you tell me when I re-activate a sub email do you still have to go in to the email to finish the activation or is it just activated again.

So I think that myBT is ok now - famous last words 😉 will you keep this open for the other problem that you are running tests on.

ps. 

Just got the email from support with the password they added as well although I had changed it by then. I like the re-activate option in the screen although not sure what their pw's are must check with family on that one.

Message 42 of 55

Hey @unwina,

That's great news, I'm happy you have full access to it again.

When you click on reactivate you won't need to do anything else. That's the account back.

I've dropped you a reply on your other thread about your connection Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 55

BT yahoo reminders not being received

Just been looking at my calender and noticed that remonders are not being received. anyone else having this issure looks like last received reminder was back in January.

Actually the last reminders I received were in early march seems like yahoo is messing with the service as previously they were from "yahoo reminders" but in March for about 3 /4 reminders it switched to "yahooreminders" haven't had any since though despite many being set up.

Also it looks like the old reminders really came from "reminders@reply.yahoo.com" but the newer ones came from my email address. They stopped iafter 4 mar, the old ones stopped mid february.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 55

Re: BT yahoo reminders not being received

Okay so I had a chat with a guy called colin on bt.com (I think) very interesting it was but the crux from his perpsective seemed to be 

"Rather, Yahoo's calendar randomly changes the "reminder" box in recurring meetings to "no reminder". And it does it multiple times for the same meeting, even after you go back and change it back to desired reminder settings. So recurring events gets changed to "no reminder" once, please go in and change it back and save you will have to do it again as it keeps cycling in the settings."

Not sure I got anyewhere apparently its my device thats at at fault but its the same on all my devices some 6-7. I've also checked that the his suggestion above is valid but it does not seem to be the case as all my items are set with a reminder as expected.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 55

@DanielS,

Not wishing to be the bearer of bad news but I am still having a few issues as follows.

I've recently mpticed that I've not been getting yahoo calendar reminders since the beginning of March (See https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-yahoo-reminders-not-being-received/td-p/1842385) I've been on a very loooooong chat with a guy from BT who frankly didn't really help that much sadly getting annoyed as I did not understand him half the time. (I saved the thread for my friend to have a laugh at) He seemed to think I was on a tab or something I think.

I also cannot seem to report a fault it seems to get confused saying that my ID is not linked to my account during the process. I was trying to do it via Report Broadband fault for this email issue.

I'm wondering if there are more things we realised when you changed the UID that are not lined up correctly in the different server threads that are used perhaps both for BT on the fault side and for Yahoo on the calndar side - who knows.

can you have another look perhaps.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 55

Hey @unwina,

I've raised the question to see if Yahoo still support the reminders. It may take a few days to hear back officially but as soon as I do, I'll post up here and let you know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 55

thanks @DanielS,

I'll check if my wife can do the reminders whilst we are waiting. 

Hopefully you also spotted I can't seem to report a fault on MyBT either

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 55

Wifes doesn't work either. mine is original master email address and hers is a sub address. 

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 55

@DanielS

Now I can't change the password on my email we removed from the BTID at the start of this thread. It seems that I can put in all the new details but the system eventually gives up and says ...

"Sorry your session has expired."

I'm thinking that the unlinking requires much more work than when we eventaully got it unlinked. Thing is this is now quite import since I used the same pw on twitter and it seems they have had a major breach and are advising changing all occurances of the uid/pw.

can we get this fixed once and for all please!.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 55

Hi @unwina@DanielS will be in the office later today. I'll let him know you've posted.

0 Ratings