Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jminitials
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

'Unread' filter stopped working

Hi All

Really hope you can help me with this please.

BT Yahoo Classic mail; loads of messages; currently about 80 unread (not unusual); but in the last 24 hours the 'Unread' fliter shows a whole range of messages, a few unread but mostly read.

As some of the unread ones go back a few weeks I don't want to trawl through loads and loads of old e-mails just looking for the ones still to be actioned.

Anyone any idea why the 'Unread' sort button has suddenly stopped working ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
ian1covkid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: 'Unread' filter stopped working

It's the same for me and it's the same on Internet Explorer and Chrome.

Also the "starred" filter does not work.

It only seems to be able to cope with one gap between the target items, then it gives up!

0 Ratings
ian1covkid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I've reported this to BT and they are looking into it.

I got a callback today saying there is some work going on with the server which might be causing the issue.

I'm not totally convinced but I've been promised a callback.

Today my unread filter works as expected but I still get the same issue on the sent items. Another email address on my account does not work as expected.

I'll keep this thread updated.

If you are having the same problem report it to BT using the contact link:-

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5627,5629

0 Ratings
jminitials
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks - glad (in a way) it's not just me.
Interestingly, recent e-mails appear correctly filtered - it's just those prior to about 25th Jan.
I'm keen to hear how you get on.
0 Ratings
ian1covkid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Server update did not fix problem as I expected. When I got a callback from BT they tried to fob me off saying it was fixed but I insisted there was an issue in the set up of the website filters. I eventually managed to escalate the issue to BT mail help who after some more convincing have escalated the problem to second line support.
I'm still waiting for an update.
0 Ratings
ian1covkid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Just a final update to say that I didn't get a callback from BT but all my filters went back to working as normal a couple of days after I last spoke to them so I feel that they fixed the problem for me.

Just to add insult to injury though another email address on my broadband account has now migrated to a different looking Yahoo Mail page that looks and feels different. We have found that it doesn't work at all with Google Chrome.

What a lot of 1st world problems we face!!!!

0 Ratings