cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Unremitting SPAM for Months

For several MONTHS now I have been deluged with spam.

Its mainly focused on "a certain brand of antivirus product beginning with Mc"

I wouldn't mind apart from that I use that product and thus the spam interferes with normal routine communication. 

Its gotten so bad that I have now moved most of my email to G-company mail to avoid using this platform as much as possible. 

Even with setting various "blocks for users and domains" the main sender is now annoying G-company and I get mail from people still to this email account so I can't block G-company mail at the domain level.

Feeding the headers into the mxtoolbox.com mx header analyser site shows quite obvious fakery going on in the headers.

They show Sender Policy Framework (SPF) Authentication failure  a glaring "no no" for mail delivery; and also DKIM alignment and DKIM authentication failures; all of which contribute to DMARC failure. 

Not sure if you validate for DKIM but the miss on SPA authentication failure worries me as this is pretty basic stuff.

As stated this has been going on for months and its a daily battle. 

If you want a selected set of message headers I'm happy to provide them but really someone at BT needs to get their act together.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unremitting SPAM for Months

Just to show you are not alone, I have also been hit with the same antivirus spam for months but now this seems to have expanded the include other dross (Crypto, Fake surveys, Claim you free voucher from ... etc:). All of this type of thing used to be caught by the filter but now its getting through. Come on BT what are you doing about this?

0 Ratings