cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Unsuccessful attempts to login, you've been temporarily locked out. Anyone else?

Anyone else getting locked out of their accounts today. After one login attempt I got that error. Which would be strange as if someones trying to have me I immediately tried to login with the 15 minutes of their attempt and I only login once ever few days. Just a glitch? I waited 15 minutes and was able to login.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unsuccessful attempts to login, you've been temporarily locked out. Anyone else?

Yup, me too, was working fine up until 21-12-17 around 10.50 am then I'm told my password is incorrect!?!? So I updated it (just in case) changed it on all my devices and still can't access my emails....... Although if I log on to BT.com and select the mail option using the new password I can access OK --- ??????!!!!?????

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Re: Unsuccessful attempts to login, you've been temporarily locked out. Anyone else?

Hi.

Can you both try logging in via

https://mail.yahoo.com

then try a device.

Note that changing password will not be immediately available to apps and clients. Usually best to wait at least 15 minutes before trying email access. That means any device that checks every few minutes might fail, and can therefore cause a lockout. Before any password change, devices that continually check should be stopped.

If an account access failure occurs due to a system access fault, multiple attempts in quick succession could cause a temporary lockout as well. Changing password isn't necessarily the best thing to do.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Well I'll be.....

I logged on via your link https://mail.yahoo.com on my PC, I then opened my client (Windows Live Mail) and the emails just poured in!! What the???

On each and every device I have, I had to first go via your link again and log on, then their clients (TypeApp) worked fine!

What the heck?

Thanks Andy_N. I'll have to remember that link for when it happens again (and it will)

Good advice re halting auto fetch on devices before changing passwords.

0 Ratings