Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris661
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 37

Re: BT/Yahoo email Site Cannot be Reached

Go to solution

For some reason my log in now seems to be working...no idea why now.

Previously I did try logging in as you suggest through BT.com and clicking on email...it didn't work, although i could log in to MY BT (as i have an account). Which worked fine...just not the email.

As I said for some reason it is now working again. However this is not the first time this has happened, since you updated BT email.

0 Ratings
gill68
Contributor
Message 32 of 37

Re: Until the last hour, I had got access to e-mail account via www.bt.com

Go to solution
Mine is working now.
0 Ratings
sandyh
Beginner
Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

Yes mine is up and running again

0 Ratings
Robbies21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

Maybe, if any moderators are reading this thread they can confirm if the outage this morning was for maintenance or was there a system problem at all please? 

I have 3 questions on this issue:

1) Why was there no notification to customers at least a week beforehand that there would be no service, if this was general maintenance on the e-mail server machines?

2) If it was general maintenance, why was there not any backup server machines that kicked in when the live server machines where taken down for maintenance?     

3) Once the servers had returned, why was there not an apology sent out by BT for lack of service for the hour or more that it was down?     

I have worked in the IT industry for over 30 years and always found that it is polite to be in contact with your customers, even if you do not always get a reply back from them.     

0 Ratings
Pat5
Beginner
Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

Agreed
perhaps we should message customer services

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution

Hi Everyone, I'm really sorry about the problem with accessing your email this morning and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, I can confirm this was an unplanned outage which was acknowledged on our service status page when we became aware of the problem. 

sandyh
Beginner
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution
Thanks for letting us know
0 Ratings