Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade to New BT Email

1.  I am the BT Account holder.

2. I have had BT Broadband many years

3. My email service was Bt Yahoo email with xxxxxx@btinternet.com format, and I also set one up for my wife.

4. In general terms all has worked acceptably well BUT my wife's email has now been upgraded to the new BT email and when she goes online the webpage URL does not mention Yahoo.  BUT when i go online for my email the webpage URL still shows yahoo, and the webpage design still shows a BT Yahoo logo

5. When will my email account be upgraded? 

6.  Could this inmconsistency be the reason why I have so much trouble accessing my BT email via Outlook on my Adroid phone - it freequently asks for my login password and the only way I can restore service is to delete the account and set it up again on the phone.

Gerry

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade to New BT Email

the migration is by account and not unusual for your wife email to migrate while your email remains with BTYAHOO

you just have to wait until your email is migrated

your wife now cannot use the yahoo mail app - there is a bt mail app which should work for your wife's email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@imjolly wrote:

there is a bt mail app which should work for your wife's email

Which I certainly wouldn't recommend, there are plenty of others to choose from that are far superior, Blue Mail and Aquamail to name 2.

0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Many thanks for such a prompt and clear reply.
I have been waiting literally years for the promised "migration" to BT email but they always seem to make a mess of it. But I guess I still need proof of "vincit qui patitur" .
Have a good day - and stay safe!
Gerry
0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Thank you -- but I seem to have confused the issue (not an unusual achievement for me!!). My wife has no problem accessing her email. I am the one who has problems which is why I would like the BT email upgrade in the hope that it will finally solve the problem i encounter with Outlook.

Gerry
0 Ratings