We have put together a short survey to capture your feedback in terms of what BT can do when you experience home Wi-Fi issues. We would appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete a short survey. Read more from here, Fix my home Wi-Fi
1. I am the BT Account holder.
2. I have had BT Broadband many years
3. My email service was Bt Yahoo email with email@example.com format, and I also set one up for my wife.
4. In general terms all has worked acceptably well BUT my wife's email has now been upgraded to the new BT email and when she goes online the webpage URL does not mention Yahoo. BUT when i go online for my email the webpage URL still shows yahoo, and the webpage design still shows a BT Yahoo logo
5. When will my email account be upgraded?
6. Could this inmconsistency be the reason why I have so much trouble accessing my BT email via Outlook on my Adroid phone - it freequently asks for my login password and the only way I can restore service is to delete the account and set it up again on the phone.
the migration is by account and not unusual for your wife email to migrate while your email remains with BTYAHOO
you just have to wait until your email is migrated
your wife now cannot use the yahoo mail app - there is a bt mail app which should work for your wife's email
there is a bt mail app which should work for your wife's email
Which I certainly wouldn't recommend, there are plenty of others to choose from that are far superior, Blue Mail and Aquamail to name 2.