cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Upgraded BT email - links in emails received no longer clickable ?

Hi

My BT email was recently upgraded by BT to their new format.

Unfortunately I have realised that, following the upgrade, links in emails received are no longer clickable. I am not very technically minded. Can somebody please help with some simple step by step instructions as to what settings have to be made to make to the links clickable again.  

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: Upgraded BT email - links in emails received no longer clickable ?

Hi 

Anyone there?

Do the technical guys at BT monitor these questions [I am a paying BT customer after all]. Could someone please help?

Thanks 

Orbis37 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Clickable for me ok. Both in webmail using Firefox and BT Mail app. Have you tried a different browser?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi Licquorice

Sincere thanks for the response 😀.

My normal browser is Chrome. Just tried email in Internet Explorer and the links are clickable. So that is something and many thanks for that idea. However, I prefer to use Chrome for everything and using Internet Explorer just for this would be such a pain. So, I guess the question becomes why did the links suddenly stop being clickable in Chrome [is anyone aware of any incompatibility between BT upgrade + Chrome that is being fixed] and are there are settings in Chrome that I can tweak to restore click-ability [if there is such a word!] ? 

Regards

Orbis37

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Just tried in Chrome and that is ok for me. Might be worth checking your add-ons.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Hi Liquorice

Thanks for the help - really appreciate it. 

So if your Chrome is working it is mine that is at fault. Just switched off all add-ons and reloaded Chrome to latest possible version [Chrome symbol is green]. Still no joy. Boy, this is frustrating. 

Regards

Orbis 37

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

I also have no problems with Chrome, Edge etc.

Try resetting Chrome by going into the Settings > Advance > Reset and Clean up.

This should restore Chrome to "factory" setting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Just switched yesterday and have the same problem - on a Mac, so no Internet Explorer but normally use Chrome which doesn't work and not clickable in Safari either.

Why should I have to change browser just for BT Mail - what has changed, worked fine under Chrome (and Safari) with BT Yahoo.

Can I go back?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

You can not go back to BTYahoo.

You do not need to change browser. It does work fine under Chrome and Safari, just not for you apparently.

Have you checked to see if any browser add on or if you have it installed any antivirus or anti malware program is stopping the link from being active?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Thanks - in fact I have solved this particular one, it was a link to join a zoom meeting. Under BT Yahoo the link was immediately clickable, under the new BT Mail I had to say YES to whether I was going to the meeting, after which the link became clickable. (all under Chrome)

We'll see what happens with a different link!

0 Ratings