Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

Uploading attachments to email problems

Hello all,

I cannot seem to upload any attchments to my emails, I can send emails without attchments but not with. This goes for all types of attachments...photos, word docs and excel docs. I have upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 which was recommended but no difference. In order to send any attachments I have to use my old AOL email account, sort of defeats the object of having BT email, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Aspiring Contributor

Re: Uploading attachments to email problems

I thought this would prove technically difficult as I have not found anyone who knows the answer to it, maybe Yahoo email just doesn't allow attachments.

Distinguished Sage

You seem to have solved it here http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Switching-back-to-BTYahoo-classic-view/m-p/365001/highli...

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Aspiring Contributor

Apparently not, hence this post.

Distinguished Sage

hateindiancallcentre wrote:

Apparently not, hence this post.

Have you considered using an e-mail program, its much easier?

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Aspiring Contributor

I haven't because I am unfamiliar with them, can you please advise, thanks.

Distinguished Sage

See Thunderbird setup for BT Yahoo e-mail

Thanks

I have suddenly stopped being able to attach files to emails.    I don't get an error message, the files just keep trying to attach forever.

I am also not able to download attachments others have send me.

I am accessing my BT Openworld account from my Mac, but I also tried from an old Dell and had the same problem. 

Help!

I have tried the reverting to BT Yahoo Classic as others have recommended but nothing happened.

joanmunro

mgw
Aspiring Contributor

I've also suddenly found I am unable to attach photo's to Emails using BTYahoo. This used to work fine. I have tried 2 different computers, different files, using basic and multiple file uploaders. I have SFBB and have 10M down / 8M up even with WIFI. Files never complete attachment and sometimes give a error, lit up in red, to say cannot attach.

Anyone know what is going wrong?

[ Edited ]

I've also experiencing this problem today. I am using Firefox. I don't think the size of the attachment is the problem as it is ony a small file.

Howeve I notice that when I press the attachment button a Norton logo appears on the right hand side. Where has this come from as BT Yahoo uses McAfee and I uninstalled Norton ages ago? Is this the problem and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.