Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2ndmouse
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Urgent help required - unable to access email account

Go to solution

Hi all

My daughter's account @btinternet.com has become inaccessible from local client and webmail.

When she tries to logon, she gets a message stating that multiple failed logins have occurred and then asks her to change her password.

PasswordChange.PNG

Firstly, this response should not have occurred because her local client has the correct password and she's using the correct password for webmail access.

However, I started the steps to change the password, but after the first step:

PasswordChange2.PNG

The response is a blank window, so there's no way to tell what has happened, nor what the next step is supposed to be.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed - the poor girl is waiting for some urgent emals and is close to tears. And I'm close to tears myself through sheer frustration.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Urgent help required - unable to access email account

Go to solution

@2ndmouse wrote:

Hi all

@MY daughter's account @btinternet.com has become inaccessible from local client and webmail.

When she tries to logon, she gets a message stating that multiple failed logins have occurred and then asks her to change her password.

The response is a blank window, so there's no way to tell what has happened, nor what the next step is supposed to be.

Hi.

Sometimes when an account is accessed by a PC/tablet or smartphone at the same time (e.g. check for emails every few minutes), then a concurrent access might occur - perhaps causing the issue she's seeing.

However - when an account can't be accessed due to server issues, a quick set of multiple retries might also cause this problem.

Back to the issue - after pressing the Change password button, the next screen is a simple acknowledgement page

2015-09-22_191735_cr.jpg

It might take a while for the password to be recognised by mail client access.

0 Ratings
2ndmouse
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Urgent help required - unable to access email account

Go to solution
Hi Andy - I was just about to update this thread. Thanks for answering my query. I managed to find a work around by using the lost password facility. This allowed me to change the password and now she can get her mail. It's all very frustrating though. Thanks again

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

0 Ratings