cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markclough1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 46

Useless new BT E-Mail

Well, I've just been changed over to the new BT Email.  I can honestly say, that I have not used an email program as bad as this one.....

I know that this has been a phased rollout as my wife's was changed over months ago, as such, you would have though that they would have been able to make it usable by now!!

Why on earth do I have to download attachment to my PC to be able to view them?

Why does the side bar of folders not scroll properly when it supposed to do?

Why is the font and Bold type so bad.  Did nobody in the development team bother to look at the old Yahoo model and see that you could easily distinguish unopened mail.

Really bad show BT, no wonder your share price has completely tanked.  Well, if you have put yourself in the position for a takeover, you only have yourself to blame.....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
goingfrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 46

Re: Useless new BT E-Mail

Ive been using bt email for business for 22 years , it has NEVER been as bad as it is now, absolutely appalling, had I not lost so much time I would have moved to another this week.
open email 20 seconds
delete email 25 seconds
search an eamial- crash
put in an email you have used - it doesn't find it and you have to manually input it
system keep closing down while i'm writing emails

there more- much more absolutley shocking

I'm astounding such a bit label could put their name on it, the **bleep** department should be sacked

that said its in line with the res of the service- staff are getting arrogant, service is unreliable

I
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 46

I can't believe that somebody would (a) try to run a business on a flaky consumer grade email rather than a business grade product with a proper SLA and (b) do it using webmail!!

0 Ratings
goingfrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 46

Times have changed, in 1998 it was a good system I could access it from any pc anywhere in the world

now ive 20 years of history in it and I cant access it from the back garden - ooh how things have changed !

the big computer chip has been replaced with a potato chip i think !

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 46

@goingfrom wrote:

Times have changed, in 1998 it was a good system I could access it from any pc anywhere in the world

You still can

now ive 20 years of history in it and I cant access it from the back garden - ooh how things have changed !

Really? I don't have a problem doing that.

the big computer chip has been replaced with a potato chip i think !

0 Ratings
markclough1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 46

Licquourice, I appreciate that you may be a BT Fan Boy, but even you can not rate the new Email.  

Compared to the Yahoo Email, it's night and day.

It could just be the **bleep** implementation of the forced changeover, but I doubt it.

• No contacts automatically swapped over, years of email addresses gone
  • No undo feature
  • Ridiculous scrolling glitch when dragging emails into folders
  • Screen doesn't refresh properly so you have to manually refresh to see anything

It's ok you slagging people off that are not pleased with it but have you thought that there is a reason that people are **bleep** off with it?  Also, you do realise that there is a value put on this by BT and it isn't free?  If you leave BT and want to keep the email in the same form, it is £7.50 per month, not cheap for an email service buddy........

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 46

I can assure you I am no fan fan boy of BT, you can read plenty of my posts that will convince you of that.

The BT mail system itself is perfectly fine, it is the webmail front end which is truly atrocious. However, there is absolutely no need to use the awful user interface, just use the proper tool for the job and all is well. I never have and never will use a web browser to access email. As I have said many times in the past, you wouldn't try to eat soup with a fork.

Also, by using webmail you have absolutely no backup of your emails and are totally reliant on BT not losing or deleting them. If you use a proper mail client you will have a local copy of all your email which you can include in your backup regime.

0 Ratings
goingfrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 46

Thanks for the replies

Without doubt I have to make the move, I agree this is an accident waiting to happen the problem is I am full on all day emailing people with little time to research, I have tried to look at the best options but I have no knowledge of email systems, when I started people were using outlook but they had to go to their pcs to use it, I could access my email from other pcs and it had to be that was as I ran my business whilst working for another company so i would have the outlook up for that company and bt for mine (was actually Yahoo at the time I think but i got moved over) .

Any advise would be appreciated, I have been thinking of the pro version of Gmail as I have the basic one but I've never really taken to the way previous emails are stacked up,  I do prefer to just scroll down through a string of emails.

0 Ratings
goingfrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 46

Markclough

£7.50 is something I really wouldn't blink at, I understood if you moved to the business version you couldn't take you files with you though.   

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 46

In my view, MSOutlook is the way to go but the free Thunderbird is popular. If you set the account up as IMAP, you can sync between as many devices as you like.

0 Ratings