Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimD
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Using BT Yahoo as a client?

Go to solution

I notice that in Settings you can now set up BTYahoo to access other accounts--is this technically called acting as a client?  It seems useful but I've seen nothing else about it.  Anyone tried it?  And does this suggest that BTYahoo is acknowledged as here to stay?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using BT Yahoo as a client?

Go to solution

@JimD wrote:

I notice that in Settings you can now set up BTYahoo to access other accounts--is this technically called acting as a client?  Yes, but not as good as a purpose built email client. It seems useful but I've seen nothing else about it.  Anyone tried it?  And does this suggest that BTYahoo is acknowledged as here to stay? Any changes to BTYahoo are nothing to do with BT. BTYahoo is just a Yahoo account re badged as BTYahoo. I would not take it as acknowledgement that BTYahoo is here to stay and that the migration to BTMail will not happen sometime in the future, but then again, who knows.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, it has always been possible to access other mail accounts via BTYahoo webmail. However, as gg has said, it is a very poor way to do it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JimD
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks folks.  In my irrational way I tried it and quite like having the BTYahoo accounts I use in one place and on their own.

0 Ratings