cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Using Outlook Getting 550 Spam message and email bouceback

Since Tuesday this week if I try to send an email "BCC" with attachments in Outlook it bounces back and I get this message

"550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-3-2) ID (613A8DE801C716B3)"

I phoned an reported this and spoke to Chris from BT in Newcastle. But it is still not fixed. And looking at this Community it seems to be I'm alone.

I send out a weekly mailing to people in my church most of whom are isolated. So this is a major problem. I do not want to send it without BCC as there would be date protection issues.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Using Outlook Getting 550 Spam message and email bouceback

Hi @RevDGray 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the error message you're seeing when trying to send those emails.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

I doubt this will be the reason however just so that you are aware the maximum number of email addresses in a group can not exceed 49.

Does the email send if you are only sending it to one person?

Does it send if there are no attachments?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

This seems to be a common problem with other users. I've just spent time with MS support (in ase it was an Outlook problem) and they have shared they have seen many examples. All point to BT servers. Why isn't this fixed?

This is a major headache and disruptive to my work

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Did you contact the mods as offered in message2?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Yes. Have heard nothing back

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

They will contact you when your case reaches the top of the queue, they are only a very small team and they deal with cases in strict order of receipt.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

How long is this likely to go on? And it's not as if I am the only one with this issue?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

I have absolutely no idea, I'm just a customer the same as you. Personally, I would be using a more reliable mail service if the mail is important, either Gmail or your own domain.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Sorry. Didn't realise you were a customer too. (I'm new to this Forum thing!)

0 Ratings