Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gp2
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Verify senders email address before opening emails

Go to solution

Hi. Sorry to be a Luddite. I was switched to the new BT email today & can't find how to check a senders address before opening an email. You used to be able to hover over it to see the full email address without the sender getting a notification which was handy for avoiding spam. How do we do this on the new email? Thanks.  

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
valtran
Beginner
Message 2 of 17

Re: Verify senders email address before opening emails

Go to solution
I too have this problem, yet no response from BT and not contactable???
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

If you are using webmail (on a browser) and you are not using any of the "preview" views, if you want to see where the email has originated from you tick the box to the left of the email in the email list and then go to "More" in the menu bar and then "view source". It will give you more information than you no doubt want but it does contain all the information regarding the email and its journey to your Inbox. 

If you are using one of the "preview" views it will show you the email and its address in the preview pane when you single click the email in your list.

0 Ratings
gp2
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Fab. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Luden1Vean
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

I tried this and although I can tick box and go to more there are only 4 items and View source is not one of them, any other ideas please?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

@Luden1Vean wrote:

I tried this and although I can tick box and go to more there are only 4 items and View source is not one of them, any other ideas please?

Are you on the BTYahoo email system or the BTMail system. If you are not sure you need to log onto your email account and look at the BT logo. If you see Yahoo any where it means you are on the BTYahoo system.

0 Ratings
Luden1Vean
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

It would appear that we are just BT but I have discovered that there are 2 places where 'move' is involved and I have now found the one you were referring to.

Wonder if you could help with another query please?

At the bottom of the old format of emails there was an icon named' BT Yahoo Mail Stationery' which has now disappeared. Presumably if BT & Yahoo are no longer together then I will not be able to  d/l or access this anymore?

If that is so then it is a real shame as it brightened up emails and people said how they enjoyed receiving emails from me with these 'pictures' on.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

You are correct that BT and Yahoo are finally parting so you will not be able to use any of the feature that you have mentioned.

However you can add a signature to your emails that can include a picture chosen by you.

If you want to do this, log onto your email and go to the settings which you will find by clicking on your username at the right hand side. Once in settings go to Mail then Signatures.

Tick the box "include signature" and I would suggest that in the next box you select the signature to be above the original email. This refers to when you are using the "reply to" function and quoting the original email.

Now click on the "add" button and a new box will open.  Select as default and in the format select "rich".

Name the signature.

You can now add the text and change the format colour etc with the icons in the icon bar to what you want and if you look at the menu bar you will see the icon second from the right "Local Image". If you click on that you can then navigate to your picture folder and select your chosen image.

Once finished adding text and picture click the save button.

This will now become your email signature and it will be added to your outgoing emails.

You can set up as many signatures as you want and use a different signature for different contacts so when you name them make sure you remember what each signature is. When you send an email the one you have selected as the default will always be used unless you select one of the other signatures you have set up.

0 Ratings
RogerAH
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

I have the same problem - why can't you hover over the sender to check the authenticity of the senders email address? Surely there must be a way. This new BtMail system is pants.

0 Ratings
Luden1Vean
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Good morning

Your reply re adding pictures to emails did answer my query and as usual to do it is lengthy, cumbersome and not at all as it used to be. I do not want to add my photos to emails or use a signiture, I just want to add a generic type of decoration depending on the time of year or something similar.

If you have to do these upgrades, why do you not keep the good parts from the old format instead of wholesale slaughter of everything. Why not ask the customers or at least a selection FROM EACH AGE GROUP rather than just for the youngsters. We are customers too.

Not impressed at all.

0 Ratings