cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Voice message saying email account is to be deleted without specifying account name.

Voice message on landline saying email account is to be deleted without specifying account name.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Voice message saying email account is to be deleted without specifying account name.

Just ignore it, its a scam.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Voice message saying email account is to be deleted without specifying account name.

Unfortunately this is not a scam but a fault with BT informing me that an account is not being used sufficiently but not saying which one.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @vofsanity2,

Thank you for posting. BT do send and text to speech message to let any customer know if one of there email address is about to be deleted. We don't confirm the email address in the message for security reasons.

If you check the manage email section of your My BT it should let you know which email address is about to be deleted. If you want to keep that email you can log into it from there.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you PaddyB I have two comments:

1. BT use to give the account name (badly pronounced)

2, The  Manage Email section of MyBT has also disappeared for me that means it is not easy to check the email account involved. I am chasing this separately but may need help in getting this resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @vofsanity2,

Thank you for posting back. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings