cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senex1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

WLM

My BT mail keeps failing to pass on to Windows Live Mail. I do not want to keep paying an expert to sort this. As I am not too computer savvy, can anybody give me an idiot's guide as to how to resolve this problem. I am on Windows 10 if that is relevant.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: WLM

Are you sure you are using Windows Live Mail (WLM) on Windows 10?

WLM support was stopped by Microsoft in 2012 and there have been frequent problems reported from people still using it. Its successor, Windows Essentials is also no longer supported. Its support stopped in 2017. 

If you are still using it I would suggest that you move to another email client. W10 has its own built in email app and there are many other free email clients such as Thunderbird available.  

0 Ratings
senex1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Yes I am sure I am using, or have been, WLM on Windows 10. Thank you for your further comments. Will go away and play and see what happens.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you elaborate on the problem? Do you mean you are not getting some emails, not any emails or something else.

Have to admit I still use WLM on W10 for some email accounts.

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

@licquoricewrote:

Can you elaborate on the problem? Do you mean you are not getting some emails, not any emails or something else.

Have to admit I still use WLM on W10 for some email accounts.

Me too! WLM performs perfectly and receives all our BT, Gmail and other email accounts without any problem.

It is so good that we are reluctant to replace it with some other  offering.

senex1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

All my e-mails come through to BT Mail but none now pass on to WLM. I much prefer the layout of WLM as I find I can easily miss seeing one on BT.

0 Ratings
senex1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

My WLM has performed regularly but every now and then it does not receive from BT. Suspect it is down to BT. Have now been without WLM for some days and would like to get it back.

0 Ratings