cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Way too much spam getting through, including scams!!

Yes when I know it’s legit I download the images from within each message. If blocking the images works to reduce spam I think it will happen over a long period of time.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Blocking images sometimes results in this:

DISRUPTED_0-1634308175482.png

I don't have another device...

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

I’ve never seen that error before. I tend to use an iPad and keep automatic download of images turned off and then download them in each legit email.

637A86FB-EAE2-4B65-B313-1BC5E3B918F5.jpeg

In Outlook you have to load images manually anyway unless you add the senders address to the preferred list.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@Deckiewrote:

I’ve never seen that error before.

Wecome to BT Webmail...!! 😉

Tends to happen with most emails from one source - I'll keep monitoring it for now.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Me too, it’s not reduced the amount of spam yet. Maybe once my email address has been registered as legit it doesn’t make any difference turning off images to try and hide.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Still loads of spam quite regularly, reporting it, marking as spam, blocking domains, preventing images from loading etc. makes no difference. Some is so obviously spam. Ridiculous sender addresses, repetitive domains usage, dubious origins, rubbish content, repetitive mailings. When you look at the source info. you see the mail handlers have already given it a high spam score, yet it still ends up in the in-box. Very little arrives in the spam box.  Why blocking doesn't work I have no idea. Why BTmail doesn't pick up the high spam probability I have no idea. How long is it now, around 2 years if my memory serves me well and BT still haven't reduced the spam one jot. If anything it's probably worse.  BTYahoo had this shorted, so how come BTmail haven't?

0 Ratings