Go to solution
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: We’re changing how you access your email

Go to solution

No. It means that the Yahoo logon portal will no longer work for you if you have been using it.

What has previously been happening is that anyone still on the BTYahoo email system could log on via the Yahoo logon portal or the BT email logon portal. The Yahoo logon was routed to the BT logon behind the scenes. This is now stopping and you will have to log on directly through BT. 

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the information.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Just curious can i still get to yahoo finance etc from my bt email ID or will i just have use a yahoo ID. I can get to these if i login via bt but am bit concerned the links are being broken

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you use your email username/address as a logon for other sites it will still work. When you are doing that you are only using the email address as a string of characters, it is not linking into your email account.

I am not sure what you mean that you logon to Yahoo finance etc from your BT email ID. If it is as I have said above that you only use your email address as your logon name then it should work as it has always done.

If you mean you logon to your MyBT then it allows you to logon access Yahoo finances without doing anything else I am not sure if that will continue to work or not.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Using webmail i can move back and forth, well i used to before i now keep finance open in a second fixed tab. Even now using the calendar flips one over yahoo calendar from within webmail.

I guess when it stops linking then we'll really find out.

0 Ratings