cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Webmail Spam

When going through the spam folder (and possibly other folders), if you select an email, you get a preview of the email.  However, if you select the checkbox, then any subsequent email you select, it doesn't preview the email, replacing the preview with a message merely telling you how many emails you've selected.  This is unhelpful, and makes it very difficult to search through a folder and check all the ones that aren't spam, say. 

Do they not consider these rather obvious use cases?  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Webmail Spam

The checkbox is how to select one or more emails that you want to perform an action on such as delete/move or one of the other actions in the menu bar and the preview pane shows the number you have select so that it saves you counting as it could be into the hundreds.

As only one email can be previewed at a time you select the email by clicking on it not using the checkbox. If it turns out not to be spam you just need to drag and drop it into your inbox or right click on it and select "More" then "Move to" and select the file where you want to place it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi gg30340,

Thank you for your reply. 

However, it would be much better if the preview pane showed the last email that you'd selected.  You often need to look at an email to decide whether or not it is spam.  If the functionality were as I suggest, and the email looked like spam, then you could easily unselect it, and move on to the next email.  That way, you could go through the spam emails, and select those that aren't, so they can be moved to the inbox, with the minimum number of clicks. 

As it stands, you can't begin selecting any of them until you've previewed all of them, and then you have to remember which ones weren't spam, in order to select all them at the end!  And using a whole preview pane just to display a number is rather a waste of screen area.        

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

As far as I am aware it's been like that since BTMail started so I doubt it will change now plus if you are getting that much spam that doing as I suggested is a chore you are obviously getting far to much spam.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There is an extremely simple answer, don't use webmail. Use the proper tool for the job, a mail client. Webmail is an abomination, akin to trying to eat soup with a fork.